PaaS Database Solution Architect - US Nationwide - Consultin
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
As an acknowledged authority within Oracle, this senior level consulting position is responsible for creating and implementing innovative solutions with industry-wide impact. Leads the solution design and implementation aspects of engagement(s) ensuring high quality, integrated solutions within constraints of time and budget.
Analyzes business needs to help ensure Oracle solution meets the customer s objectives by combining industry best practices, product knowledge, and business acumen. As a position of technical/professional influence, this individual frequently operates at the leading edge of technology. Recommends and justifies enhancements to Oracle products to meet very complex customer needs. Exercises creativity and independent judgment in developing methods, techniques, and evaluation criteria to deliver functional and technical expertise on a wide range of business and technology solutions. Leads experienced consulting teams on challenging projects; works on significant and unique issues. As a thought leader and trusted advisor, effectively influences difficult decisions at the leadership-level of customer organizations. Enables business development efforts by providing subject matter expertise. Resolves very complex customer escalations. Drives customer process direction and decisions by providing domain leadership within relevant industries on end-to-end enterprise solutions. Creates new solution sets based on assessment of industry needs, market demands and knowledge of competitive product offerings.
10 years of experience relevant to this position including 5 years of consulting experience. Management or team leadership experience preferred. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience preferred. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to lead large teams. Strong influencing and negotiation skills. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
PaaS Database Solution Architect – US Nationwide – Consulting Technical Director
Within Oracle NATAG Consulting Organization, the PaaS Database Platform Services practice provides cloud platform architecture and delivery services to ensure successful implementation of customer solutions involving the Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle Database and Oracle Applications Unlimited product suites.
Architects and Subject Matter Experts are responsible for defining the cloud architecture for overall database solutions and platform services to configure and migrate large Oracle enterprise environments, including the Oracle RDBMS (R11, R12 and R18) and Oracle Applications Unlimited Oracle EBusiness Suite application, PeopleSoft, Siebel and JD Edwards.
Services include architecture, administration, migration, capacity planning, installations, tech upgrades and designing solutions to meet maximum high availability requirements for clients on or migrating to Oracle Cloud Infrastructure and Oracle Engineered Systems.
Job duties are varied and complex requiring independent judgment. Will have solution architecture presales supporting role and responsibilities. A BS or BA in related fields or equal experience is required. Minimum of 10 years overall experience in a technical role as an Oracle Technical Solution Architect, Database Administrator (DBA) or Oracle Applications Administrator for EBusiness Suite, Peoplesoft, Siebel or JD Edwards Applications. Cloud knowledge and technical experience with Database and/or applications migrations exposure is required for this role.
Additionally, 3 years consulting or technical services sales experience in multi-dimensional issue resolution with Oracle Database and/or Oracle middleware technology. Must have the ability to communicate effectively both verbal and written and the ability to build rapport with team members and clients.
Required to travel frequently within the United State and Canada
- Solution Architecture to design client s Database and MAA/HA requirements
- Mentoring of sales staff and internal Subject Matter Expertise focus
- Administrating deal desk and scope definition in accordance with the clients requirements
- Planning Oracle Database or Oracle Applications technical services and cloud migrations.
- Evaluating and maintaining knowledge base for scope planning and technical services
- Working to ensure that consulting scope of work and integrity are maintained.
- Developing and maintaining an up-to-date knowledge on specific Oracle products and services
- Oracle Cloud Certifications are required within 2 months of start date
- Subject Matter Expert sales support, estimating and scoping assistance
- Scoping/planning Database and Applications Migrations to Oracle Cloud
- Scoping server/application audits and health assessments
- Scoping database, application server and application environments
- Ensure the database architecture is able to meet the client s ongoing growth needs
- Proactively maintain knowledge of Oracle s current and future products/ solutions offerings
- Generate the relevant sales material, e.g. documents, statements of work, staffing plans, in order to develop and share knowledge with customers and internal sales Teams.
- 3 years Solution Architecture experiences on Oracle technology
- 5 years experience of Oracle Database technology as a DBA
- 5 years experience of Oracle Applications Unlimited – EBusiness Suite or PeopleSoft or Siebel or JD Edwards as a DBA, including System Administration role.
- Managing teams of 3-5 resources/staff desired
- Server and application sizing and capacity planning
- Server and application tuning for performance and scalability
- Understanding of high availability and disaster recovery requirements
- Understanding of Server consolidation and DB re-platforming
- Understanding of Database and Cloud security implementation
- System infrastructure knowledge, understanding of Linux (OEL) preferable
- Networking concepts and design preferable
- Oracle Database and application server internals preferable
Must have experience of three or more of the following technologies; RDBMS 11/12, RAC, Data Guard, GoldenGate, Enterprise Manager, Exadata, Cloud at Customer, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle Database Cloud Service, Linux Operating System, Virtual Machines or Networking.
All candidates must be legally entitled to work in the US.
No work visa transfer or sponsorship is available for this position.
All candidates must be willing and able to travel Mon – Thus/ Fri or as needed.
Title: PaaS Database Solution Architect – US Nationwide – Consulting Technical Director
Location: United States
Requisition ID: 190010SN