Actuarial Leadership Development Program
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Start date: June 8th, 2020
CVS Health is the nation’s premier health innovation company helping people on their path to better health. We are building a new health care model that is easier to use, less expensive, and puts the consumer at the center of their care.
What it is
The Actuarial Leadership Development Program (ALDP) is a full-time, six-year program aimed at combining challenging work environments geared toward developing the future financial leaders of Aetna, along-side the support actuarial students need to pass exams and become credentialed actuaries.
What are the goals
The program doesn’t just help you develop actuarial skills; it accelerates your overall development. You’ll get well-rounded experience and the ability to contribute to the dynamic world of healthcare.
What you will do
Each of the four rotations will immerse you in a key business area and help you gain exposure to the following:
•Risk Assessment: Understand the nature of specific risks and share results of analysis with management.
•Rate Filing: Compile and analyze filing data then prepare and submit necessary exhibits for regulatory filings.
•Reserve Analysis: Analyze claim data and monitor reserve levels for appropriateness and demonstrate understanding of actuarial reserving techniques and issues.
•Planning & Forecasting: Provide technical support and analysis for planning, forecasting and reporting process.
•Pricing, Trend & Benefit Design: Develop and recommend pricing and trend for product and/or services.
•Technical Proficiency: Develop creative technical solutions to a variety of problems. Demonstrate proficiency with spreadsheets and familiarity with database and web-based applications. Develop and implement appropriate tools and models. Develop and finalize business requirements and/or specifications for processes, tools, and systems.
What this business area supports
• Assignments are available across a variety of business units including Commercial Business, Government Businesses & Medical Economics.
• Limited non-traditional Actuarial assignments exist as available.
What you will do
• Financial planning, forecasting and reserving
• Monitoring and forecasting medical cost trends
• Regulatory filings
• New product development and pricing
• Demonstrated ability to pass actuarial exams
• Strong analytical, critical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
• Demonstrated leadership, experience and initiative
• Have a willingness to relocate
• Be able to work in a fast-paced environment and meet tight deadlines
• Possess strong analytical and problem resolution skills
• Be able to communicate effectively with a diverse audience
• Encourage teamwork and a positive environment to improve team effectiveness
• Be resourceful and can quickly and successfully adapt to change
• Have an interest in obtaining full-time position within CVS Health
• You should currently be pursuing an Bachelor’s degree
• Have passed at least one actuarial exam
• Majoring in the following related degrees; Actuarial Science, Analytics, Data Science Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Risk Management, statistics, or other related degree
• Have a 3.3+ cumulative GPA
• Have a college graduation date between December 2018 – June 2020
It’s a new day in health care.
Combining CVS Health and Aetna was a transformative moment for our company and our industry, establishing CVS Health as the nation’s premier health innovation company. Through our health services, insurance plans and community pharmacists, we’re pioneering a bold new approach to total health. As a CVS Health colleague, you’ll be at the center of it all.
We offer a diverse work experience that empowers colleagues for career success. In addition to skill and experience, we also seek to attract and retain colleagues whose beliefs and behaviors are in alignment with our core values of collaboration, innovation, caring, integrity and accountability.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Gender/Ethnicity/Disability/Protected Veteran – we highly value and are committed to all forms of diversity in the workplace. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT at https://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact our Advice and Counsel Reasonable Accommodations team at mailto:AdviceCounsel@cvshealth.com . Please note that we only accept applications for employment via this site.
If technical issues are preventing you from applying to a position, contact Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609 or email@example.com . For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352.