Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Independence, MO 64050
- $5,000 Sign-on Bonus for qualified candidates **
Do you have a passion for healthcare and helping others? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, patient-centered environment? Jump-start your career in our Respiratorydepartment. Submit your application today!
Our Respiratory Therapistsare a committed, caring group of colleagues. We have a passion for creating positive patient interactions. If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
Benefits: (Full-time and Part-time)
Our employees come first. We provide a total compensation package to make sure your needs are met. Choose the medical coverage package that best suits you. Look after your loved ones while still getting paid with our Paid Family Leave. Plan for your future with our matching 401k or opt-in for several other benefits including tuition assistance, student loan repayment, family and medical flex spending accounts, life insurance, and identity theft protection.
Come Grow With Us.
Your passion is caring. So is ours. Come grow your career with us-become a member of a collaborative team whose mission focuses on the care and improvement of human life.
The Centerpoint hospital features 285 beds, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latestclinical servicesavailable to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients.
The award-winning Independence hospital has the area’s most-awardedheart program. And with the ER Rapid Care, you receive a level of care completely tailored to the optimal experience for adults or children who are less sick and deserve rapid attention to their illness. And whether you’re embracing motherhood, seeking treatment for illness or maintaining wellness, our women’s services are, too, tailored around you.
Learn more about Centerpoint Medical Center where above else we are committed to the care and improvement of human life:
Thinking of relocating to Kansas City (Relocation Assistance Provided) Learn about living in one* America’s _ Coolest Cities_.*
Learn more about living in KC. *http://www.thinkkc.com/with/HCAMidwest*
What you will do in this role:
- Under the general supervision of the RT Manager/Supervisor or designee, you will perform diagnostic and therapeutic procedures ordered by a physician
- Your duties will include medical gas administration, aerosol therapy, obtaining and analyzing blood specimens, performing patient testing, operating and maintaining various types of respiratory and cardiopulmonary equipment, providing mechanical ventilation, maintaining artificial airways, assisting with cardiopulmonary resuscitation, providing patient education, monitoring equipment and patient response to therapy
- Your additional responsibilities will include completing documentation of in-patient and departmental records, cleaning equipment, and maintaining safety and infection control practices.
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an AMA accredited Respiratory Therapy program.
- Registered with the National Board for Respiratory Care as an Advanced Respiratory Care Practitioner
- Licensed by the State of Missouri Division of Professional Registration
- Current American Heart Association Basic Life Saving certification
- One year of experience as a respiratory Therapist preferred.
Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) is a leading healthcare provider with over 31.2 million patient encounters a year at locations in 21 states including the UK. We care about our community! HCA has been continually named one of Ethisphere’s most ethical company’s in the world since 2010. In 2018, HCA spent an estimated $3.3 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Job: Therapy & Rehabilitation
Location: Missouri-Independence-Centerpoint Medical Center
Requisition ID: 09726-58946