Intern - Finance
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66210
Perform qualitative and quantitative analyses in support of the Field Operations organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Assists in daily, weekly and monthly reporting of KPIs, cost controls and profitability
2. Assists in the maintenance of budgeting and reporting tool including loading monthly data, posting dashboard reports, running calculations and managing hierarchies
3. Assists Accounting department with month end-close by producing operational statistics
4. Performs financial and business-related research and analysis
5. Assists in the development of annual budgets for field operations (financials and metric driven)
6. Assists in the preparation of quarterly goal setting
7. Assists in reviewing monthly expenses to ensure proper classification/coding
8. Assists with transformation of finance systems through research as well as creating documentation and data flows
9. Uses both PC-based as well as mainframe systems
1. Adaptability – Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment (e.g., people, processes, structure, or culture); adjusting effectively to change by exploring the benefits, trying new approaches, and collaborating with others to make the change successful.
2. Building Trusting Relationships – Using appropriate interpersonal styles to establish effective relationships with customers and internal partners; interacting with others in a way that promotes openness and trust and gives them confidence in one’s intentions.
3. Collaborating – Working cooperatively with others to help a team or work group achieve its goals.
4. Communication – Conveying information and ideas clearly and concisely to individuals or groups in an engaging manner that help them understand and retain the message; listening actively to others.
5. Continuous Learning – Actively identifying new areas for learning; regularly creating and taking advantage of learning opportunities; using newly gained knowledge and skill on the job and learning through their application.
6. Initiating Action – Taking prompt action to accomplish work goals; taking action to achieve results beyond what is required; being proactive.
7. Work Standards – Setting high standards of performance for self and others; assuming responsibility and accountability for successfully completing assignments or tasks; self-imposing standards of excellence rather than having standards imposed.
1. Demonstrated problem solving, quantitative analysis and analytical abilities
2. Skilled at handling multiple tasks and meeting deadlines with high level of accuracy
3. Highly motivated with ability to drive results and work independently
4. Work in a team environment with changing priorities and time constraints
5. Proficient in Microsoft Excel
This job operates in a professional office environment indoors. Routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and fax machines.
The position requires the ability to spend long hours sitting or standing while using office equipment and computers. Ability to perform repetitive tasks such as typing and keying. Occasional lifting, pushing/pulling, carrying 10 lbs of supplies and materials is required.
YRC Worldwide is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
Minorities/Females/Persons with Disabilities/Protected Veterans
Title: Intern – Finance
Location: KS-Overland Park
Requisition ID: 19031T