Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66215
The position encompasses the dismantling, repair, preventive maintenance, mold condition assessments and reassembly. Machinist and equipment maintenance skill are highly utilized in the position. The employee will work under the close supervision of the Maintenance Manager. In the case of absence, the Operations Manager or Plant manager will assume duties. The employee will also follow all SQF (Safe Quality Food) rules and procedures pertaining to this job as outlined in the training program.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING;
(Additional duties may also be included as directed by your manager).
• Review mold condition to determine what repairs and/or preventative maintenance will be required.
• Report the repairs needed to the Maintenance Manager.
• Repair molds as directed by the Maintenance Manager.
• Perform preventative maintenance on molds.
• Perform general maintenance and Machinist work on various molds, parts, and assemblies.
• Clean and maintain the Maintenance Shop machines as needed.
• Will work closely with the Maintenance Manager and co-workers continuously to maintain efficient operations.
• Waste or damage of materials and assemblies must be minimized.
• Assist in providing on-the-job training for employees.
• Before running out of a material used during your daily functions, you must notify your Tooling Manager in advance of running out shutting down and causing delays.
• Maintaining your work area in a clean, safe and organized fashion at all times.
• Report any inefficient or unsafe conditions to management upon discovery of the conditions.
• Complete all paperwork accurately as instructed by your Tooling Manager.
• Perform all work using safety equipment as instructed while obeying all safety-rules and procedures.
• Must be able to work overtime as scheduled by management.
• Occasionally assist other classifications in the plant and warehouse as needed.
• Fill out and turn in to supervisor all appropriate paperwork pertaining to appropriate SQF modules.