Solo Cleaner Non-Driver
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67219
SOLO CLEANER NON-DRIVER IN WICHITA, KS AT SERVICEMASTER
Professionally clean residential homes using unique cleaning procedures and products. Performs cleaning in conformance to prescribed standards of cleanliness. Interacts with customers to ensure the best service possible.
- Prepares cleaning products for the day
- Loads products and equipment onto vehicle
- Performs routine maintenance
- Uses cleaning products and procedures to clean assigned location
- Sweeps and vacuums then washes all hard surface floors on hands and knees
- Cleans and dusts cobwebs, including all hanging light fixtures, baseboards and windowsills each visit
- Moves all reasonably portable furniture in rooms to clean under and behind
- Performs customer service and quality control
- Resolves customer issues before leaving assigned location
- High school diploma or GED required
- Residential cleaning experience preferred
- Strong and positive interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate with the Branch Manager/Service Manager and customers
- Ability to understand and follow directions
- Ability to differentiate between variously colored cleaning products by identifying the color or product name
- Ability to define specific uses of cleaning products
- Ability to read and understand cleaning instructions indicated on customized service reports
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
Move up to 15 pounds regularly and 15-20 lbs frequently, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects. Exerting up to 50 lbs of force to move objects is required occasionally.
- Use legs and/or hands and arms to ascend or descend ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles, etc., in a manner that exceeds what is required for ordinary locomotion.
- Maintain his/her balance when walking, standing, or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces; balance exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion.
- Bend legs and spine downward and forward to crouch or squat, and bend legs at the knee to come to rest on a surface with one or both knees, including crawling on hands and knees or hands and feet.
- Push objects forward, downward, or outward with sustained force using the upper extremities to press with steady force, and drag, draw, haul, or tug objects with sustained motion using the upper extremities to exert force.
Extend his/her hands and arms in any direction to reach objects, and move objects from a lower to a higher position, or move objects horizontally from one position to another, by lifting or carrying objects either in his/her hands or arms or by strapping equipment to the body; requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
- Use touch of skin to perceive attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature, or texture; particularly fingertips.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Operate a motor vehicle and use electrically and manually powered hand tools for securing objects to surfaces.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm’s reach with skill, control, and accuracy, and to determine the accuracy, neatness, and/or thoroughness of work assigned (i.e., general labor), or make general observations of facilities or structures .
- Visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.
- Incumbent will be subject to:
- Both inside (not necessarily temperature controlled) and outside (without protection from weather; extreme heat-above 100 and/or cold-below 32 for more than one hour) environmental conditions.
- Hazardous physical conditions, such as mechanical parts, vehicles, electrical current, heights and scaffolding, chemical exposure, and/or high heat.
- Atmospheric conditions affecting the respiratory system of the skin, such as fumes, odors, dust, mold, mist, gas, poor ventilation.
- Exposure to animals and insects.
- Wearing respiration equipment or personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Working in confined spaces, narrow aisles, or passageways which could cause reactions in those with claustrophobic tendencies.