Process Designer I
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66211
Job LocationsUS-KS-Overland Park
Design – Process Engineering
.# of Openings Remaining
Location : Location
IPS is hiring! We are looking for a talented Process Designer I to join our industry leading Engineering Design team at our Overland Park, KS office location.
This entry-level position is involved in the application of engineering fundamentals and project related services in support of design assignments. This developmental position enables the Designer to learn to apply theoretical knowledge to practical application.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with assigned design engineers and drafters to execute design drawings and specifications as required in order to support assigned projects. Ensures code and statute compliance in all projects.
- Uses computer aided design technologies to develop sketches, drawings and construction documents.
- Works with equipment suppliers/vendors to obtain the necessary information needed for design completion.
- Routinely archives and retrieves data from electronic database for support of work.
- Researches equipment selection from catalogs under the direction of the Project Designer/Engineer.
- Expected to become proficient in the use of a computer for Design and CAD applications.
- Ensures acceptable levels of quality and checks for coordination of work to assure documents reflect design intent and necessary coordination.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area, which allows efficient access to project information required by other team members.
- Keeps Project Designer/Engineer aware of workload and requests work when needed.
- Special projects as assigned.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Requires a Technical or Associate Degree in HVAC, plumbing or electrical design from an accredited technical institution or college.
- A minimum of 3 years drafting or design experience
- Proven time management skills in order to juggle more than one project at a time.
- Customer Service experience exhibiting strong oral and written communication skills.
IPS-Integrated Project Services is a global leader in developing innovative and cost effective solutions for the engineering, construction, commissioning and qualification of complex pharmaceutical and biotech research and manufacturing facilities. With technical expertise spanning R&D to pilot-scale to large-scale production, our team specializes in the technology, trends and regulatory environment to successfully deliver capital projects and improve operations. For over thirty years, we have applied unique LEAN methodologies throughout the project life cycle, continually finding ways to do things better and more efficiently, delivering higher quality and controlling costs. Headquartered in Blue Bell, PA, IPS is a multi-national company with over 1,100 professionals worldwide and offices in California, Indiana, Kansas, Massachusetts, New Jersey, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Brazil, Canada, China, Ireland, Singapore, Switzerland, UK and four locations in India. Visit our website at .
Process Architecture, Process Design, Engineering, Construction, Commissioning, Qualification, LEAN Project Delivery, Strategic Master Planning, Energy Conservation Management, Project Controls, Program/Project Management, Operations/Logistics Strategy and Planning, EPCMV and Staffing Services.
Attention Search Firms / Third Party Recruiters: IPS is not seeking assistance or accepting unsolicited resumes from search firms for employment opportunities with IPS. Regardless of past practice, all resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at IPS via-email, the Internet or directly to hiring managers at IPS in any form without a valid written search agreement in place for a specific position will be deemed the sole property of IPS, and no fee will be paid in the event a candidate is hired by IPS as a result of the referral or through other means.
IPS is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer of protected veterans (M/F/D/V).