Pool - Yoga KU Fit Instructor
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lawrence, KS 66045
University of Kansas – Lawrence
U-Unclassified Professional Staff
Responsibility of the KU Fit Yoga Instructor:
- Weekday and weekend hours including early morning, afternoon evenings and/or late evenings when scheduled.
- Instructor must be certified in CPR/AED or become certified within four weeks after being appointed.
Duties will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Developing, leading and instructing participants through yoga group fitness sessions to include a proper warm up, workout, and cool down.
- Preparing class choreography & plans in advance.
- Recording participation numbers.
- Implementing risk management procedures when necessary.
- Assisting with good housekeeping by keeping studio, equipment, and equipment closets tidy.
- Assisting with special events and contract classes.
- Accurately documenting and completing payroll by the Sunday prior to pay date.
- Obtain and maintain proper CPR/AED certification. Participation in “Rec Alert” CPR/AED drills.
- Substituting when able.
- Attending monthly meetings.
- Prompt communication via email.
- Promptly alerting Fitness/Wellness Coordinator with any concerns or questions.
- Promptly alerting Fitness/Wellness Coordinator of broken/malfunctioning equipment, program concerns, and/or if unable to perform duties as scheduled.
- Possess current CPR/AED certification, or ability to obtain within 4 weeks of employment.
- Professional fitness certification from a nationally recognized organizations such as Yoga Fit, Yoga Alliance, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Previous experience as a group exercise instructor.
Additional Candidate Instructions
Completed application includes: Online application, cover letter, and resume.
Additional Candidate Instructions:
- Please submit a copy of Yoga and/or CPR/AED Certification.
- This position includes paid Membership Fees to the Ambler Rec Center for duration of appointment.
Review of applications will begin April 1, 2019, and will continue until all positions are filled.
Contact Information to Applicants
Advertised Salary Range
$12.00 hour plus Membership
Application Review Begins
Anticipated Start Date
The University of Kansas prohibits discrimination on the basis of race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, national origin, age, ancestry, disability, status as a veteran, sexual orientation, marital status, parental status, gender identity, gender expression, and genetic information in the university’s programs and activities. Retaliation is also prohibited by university policy.