Senior Flight Test Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
New Century, KS 66031
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our aviation technology has made the skies progressively easier to navigate. From portables to panel mounts and everything in between, Garmin GPS innovation is making it easier than ever to fly with civilian aviators. And thanks to our flight test engineers, our aviators are able to fly the open sky with an unwavering level of confidence! Our flight test engineers make sure everything we do complies with FAA rules and regulations. They spend countless hours developing testing requirements, writing test plans, participating in test flights, retrieving and analyzing data and preparing reports for inclusion in certification documents. If you?re ready to help us soar, we?re ready to test you.
We are looking for a Senior Flight Test Engineer for our flight operations team based at Garmin’s New Century airport facility in New Century, Kansas.?In this position, you will be responsible for a range of flight test engineering activities that involve test requirements development, test plan writing, flight test crew member participation, data reduction/analysis, and report preparation for inclusion into certification documents. Other essential functions include:
- Participates in close coordination with engineering labs to become familiar with product architecture and assist development with flight testing perspectives that help ensure compliance with applicable FAA requirements?
- Works with personnel responsible for avionics equipment installation and preparation of test aircraft to obtain the proper configuration for the required testing?
- In flight crewmember duties include test equipment operation and data gathering activities?
- Data reduction/analysis responsibilities involve providing test data to assist development of systems and to provide certification basis for the desired products?
- Modify equipment and aircraft configurations in coordination with engineering labs and flight operations for development and certification??
- Responsible for documentation of aircraft level changes and general equipment configuration?
- Must be knowledgeable of applicable avionics certification requirements and regulations
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO