Laboratory Technician Asstistant Phlebotomist
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66209
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
MENORAH MEDICAL CENTER – OVERLAND PARK, KS
LABORATORY TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT
MENORAH MEDICAL CENTER, a 175-bed, acute care hospital located on the corner of 119th and Nall in Overland Park, serves our community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City area. MMC has a comprehensive medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, children and teens.
MENORAH MEDICAL CENTER is currently looking for a LABORATORY TECHNICIAN ASSISTANT.
- Under the direct supervision of the Director/Section Manager/Coordinator/Operations Manager/Lead Technologist/Medical Technologist/Medical Laboratory Technician performs preanalytic testing responsibilities including clerical duties, data entry, specimen collection, and specimen processing.
- Performs testing on blood and body fluids as defined by CLIA 1988.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and reagents.
- Maintains non-analytic equipment such as refrigerators, freezers, and centrifuges.
- Maintains a safe work area.
- Demonstrates professional work habits, positive interpersonal skills and great customer service.
- Assist in training new staff as appropriate.
- The Lab Technical Assistant collects specimens from birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Phlebotomy certification preferred.
- One year experience in a medical laboratory required or college course work in biological/chemical sciences or graduate of phlebotomy course plus 6 months experience.
- Six months computer keyboarding or equivalent preferred.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 09723-57105
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.