Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66214
At Henderson Engineers, we’re about more than just buildings. We’re about the people, experiences and potential found inside. We’re known for our technical excellence, but we bring so much more to the table. We love the process that brings buildings to life. And we’re changing the industry by integrating the building design and construction process.
We view each of our employees as an essential part of our mission to lead the field.
It’s What We Do
We provide total building system design services across multiple high-growth markets for industry leaders. You’ll get to use your talent to work on some of the country’s biggest names in retail, sports & venue, corporate, and hospitality.
It’s How We’re Different
But, we’re also about more than just engineering. We’re about you. You, and the hundreds of passionate employees who made us who we are today.
Together, we dream up inventions that solve industry-wide problems, design spaces that become landmarks, win medals in fitness challenges, and toast to the good life at our legendary golf tournaments.
So what will you be doing all day?
You would join us in our Lenexa, KS headquarters office as a Digital Designer working on things like…
- Creating print and digital company graphics for client communications, events, presentations, social media, email communications, websites, and more.
- Writing content as needed to support the graphics and helping manage the visual assets of the brand.
- Taking direction from engineers and technical staff and converting them seamlessly into images, layouts, and other designs that are easily communicated and understood by a variety of audiences.
- Designing, developing, and helping maintain content and layout updates for responsive web applications and sites used as part of Henderson’s overall marketing strategy.
- Crafting solutions for layout and styling issues across multiple browsers and mobile devices that impact UX and drive ROI on digital platforms.
- Creating custom HTML designs for emails, social media, and web pages.
- Implementing development and testing of website updates and to ensuring back-end processes to and from the website transition smoothly.
- Assisting team with motion graphics/animation on video projects.
- Assisting in planning internal team-building events, corporate client and employee events, company communications, and community outreach activities.
We’d love for you to apply for this position if you…
- Have a Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design, Web Design, Digital Design, or related area required.
- Possess 5-7+ years of relevant professional experience – experience in architecture, engineering, or construction industries preferred
- Are experienced in both print and digital media design.
- Are highly proficient in Adobe Suite Software applications, particularly InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop; experience with After Effects and Premiere Pro is a plus.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of web design and maintenance of responsive web applications.
- Are experienced with web page versioning/source control in Content Management Systems (WordPress, SharePoint, etc.).
- Have advanced experience with search engine functions and optimization (SEO/SEM); experience with Google Analytics reporting and analysis is a plus.
- Are an enthusiastic team player with a passion to contribute to an award-winning team!
Let’s Talk Perks
We take care of our people. As a Henderson employee, you’ll enjoy some pretty awesome perks. Trust us, your friends will all have work envy.
- Flexible Work Hours ( Because we all need to balance work and life.)
- Casual Dress Code (Be yourself, please.)
- Paid Volunteer Time ( We literally pay you to volunteer.)
- Paid Parental Leave (Because we know both parents deserve to be there for a new baby.)
- Health and Wellness Initiatives (Get Fit and Stay Fit.)
- Receptive and Forward-Thinking Leadership ( Our doors are always open.)
- Clear Career Path Options (We want you to excel.)
- Industry-leading 401K match and profit sharing (When the company succeeds, we all share in that success.)
- Paid Training for Professional Development ( We’ll pay for the time you take getting better at what you do.)
- Performance Bonuses (When you do well, we reward you for your work.)
- Comprehensive and Extensive Insurance ( We’ve got you covered.)
- Paid Term Life and Disability (We’ve got your family covered, too.)
- Financial Wellness & Coaching Program (Financial security makes you a happier team member.)
Commercial Construction and Renovation
- 2014-2017 – .#1 Top Engineering Firm (Retail )
- 2016 – .#8 Top Engineering Firm (Hospitality)
- 2016 – .#4 Top Engineering Firm (Restaurant)
- 2010-2016 “Top 10 Retail Architects/Engineers Report”
- 2008-2018 – ENR Top 500 Design Firms (2018: .#142)
- 2018 – ENR Top 100 Green Design Firms (.#85)
- 2017 – Mixed-Use Project of the Year/Best Project – Sports/Entertainment (ENR Texas & Louisiana) Dallas Cowboys Ford Center at the Star
Building Design + Construction
- 2018 Giants 300 – Ranked .#8 Overall Engineering Firm, .#2 Retail Engineering Firm, .#22 K-12 Education Engineering Firm, .#25 Healthcare Engineering Firm
- 2010-2017 “Top 55 Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2016 Giants 300 – Ranked .#8 Engineering Firm, Ranked .#6 on “Top 30 Sports Facility Engineering Firms Nationwide”
- 2017 Giants 300 – Ranked .#7 on Engineering Firm, Ranked .#34 on “Top 60 Construction Management Firms List”
- 2017 – Ranked .#2 on “Top 50 Retail Engineering Firms List”
- 2011-2018 “Top 20 MEP Giants List”
Electrical Construction & Maintenance
- 2018 – Ranked .#7 on “Top 40 Electrical Design Firms List”
Visual Merchandising & Store Design
- 2018 – Ranked .#6 on “Top Retail Design Firms of 2018 list”
Kansas City Chamber of Commerce/Healthy KC Workplace Wellness
- 2017 – Platinum Level Healthy KC Certified (Highest Level)
- 2016, 2015 – Gold Level Healthy KC Certified
Kansas City Business Journal
- 2006 – 2007, 2009 – 2018 Finalist “Best Places to Work”
- 2009, 2010, 2014 “Champions of Business”
- 2014 “Hall of Champions”
- 2015 – 2016 “Healthiest Employer”
Applicants for positions with Henderson Engineers/Henderson Building Solutions must be legally authorized to work in the United States, and verification of eligibility will be required at the time of commencement of employment.
Henderson Engineers, Inc. and Henderson Building Solutions are EEO Employers/Vet/Disabled/and participate in the E-Verify program