Government Compliance Coordinator
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66061
Prepare invoices and other financial reports related to Federal, State and Local government projects. Accurately execute government contract support activities including entering, reviewing, processing, auditing, and reporting of information and ensuring that the data complies with state and federal regulations. Responsible for providing good customer service to employees, office staff, management and external clients.
Essential Role and Responsibilities:
- Under general supervision, performs a variety of routine and non-routine moderately complex billing functions to ensure the proper preparation of accurate and timely invoices to customers based on contract terms and government requirements.
- Processes various billing types insuring all billing is internally approved and sent to clients on schedule, attaching all necessary backup.
- Assist with project audits by running reports, attaining documentation, researching invoice discrepancies and reconciling financials against past invoice submissions.
- Set up and maintain project information within project registration system
- Assist with the tracking and reporting of large transportation proposals.
- Prepare government required reports including certified payroll reports.
- Register prevailing wage projects and responding to inquiries for both Federal (Davis Bacon) and state prevailing wage projects.
- Prepare employee benefit statements as requested.
- Research and resolve billing questions and discrepancies.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Extensive experience with Microsoft Excel or other spreadsheet program
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities
- Attention to detail
- Invoicing or other Accounting-related Experience
- Able to work independently and in a collaborative work environment
- Can take instructions from multiple sources
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 4,000 employees in over 140 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon offers an excellent compensation and benefits package including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and paid holidays.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.