Senior Business Analyst (Mobile and Web Applications)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
We are looking for a Business Analyst (Mobile/Web) for our office in Olathe, KS, to gather, document and effectively communicate user requirements for large to very large size projects of high complexity for products across multiple strategic channels, with multiple disparate stakeholders. Serve as functional Product Owner, working with enterprise stakeholders to drive application/technology solutions and related business processes.
- Manage user requirements for large to very large size projects of high complexity for products across multiple strategic channels, with multiple disparate stakeholders.
- Serve as the functional product owner, working with enterprise stakeholders to drive application/technology solutions and related business processes
- Partner with enterprise stakeholders to determine strategic channels roadmap
- Understand and communicate business impact of issues and how they relate to Engineering owned solutions
- Actively encourage? collaboration and professionalism in a team environment? with other Garmin associates to achieve goals
- Actively implement continuous improvement on an enterprise level for business processes and Engineering business analysis processes
- Proactively identify and contribute to the resolution of ancillary discrepancies and conflicts between interdepartmental applications and strategic channels on an enterprise level
- Manage reconciliation and drive consensus regarding business tactical and strategic direction
- Seen as the go-to subject matter expert for application/technology solution and related business processes within the enterprise.
- Provides functional product ownership and leadership to ensure enterprise stakeholders requirements are met
- Make substantial contributions to determining feasibility of team or functional goals/objectives
- Provides reliable solutions to a wide range of difficult problems including evaluation of new technologies to improve existing functions
- Demonstrates broad understanding of Garmin?s business model including Engineering, Operations, Finance, Sales & Marketing
- Serves as a mentor to less experienced Engineering Business Analysts (Engineering Business Analyst 1 & 2)
- Gives and receives feedback in a constructive manner
- Exemplifies Garmin?s Mission Statement and Quality Policy and proactively works to improve Garmin?s image and culture
- Manage development and documentation of requirements from multiple global Garmin Product Managers? using use cases, scenarios, complex and perhaps conflicting business workflow analyses
- Identify interdependencies between projects and overall business strategies and facilitate aligning them to benefit Garmin
- Collaborate directly with co-located and remote development team members and business clients
- Work with mobile app and web development teams along with API team to implement features and products
- Collaborate with device engineering team to support new services
- Work closely with UX design team to create best customer experience
- Collaborate with QA team to define test cases and assist with testing efforts
- Manage acceptance testing by end users to ensure appropriate standards are met and successful deployment validation is completed
- Collaborate with legal team to ensure Garmin is following privacy guidelines
- Work with language services and country business units to ensure translations are correct
- Perform other duties as necessary
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO