Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66212
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
EXCITING OPPORTUNITY TO JOIN THE NATION\’S LARGEST PROVIDER OF HEALTHCARE SERVICES WITH OVER 1000 PRACTICE LOCATIONS!
At College Park Family Care Center we have one simple goal—to provide the same care for our patients that we would want our own family members to receive. If you are a healthcare professional with similar goals, this could be your opportunity to make a lasting impact in our community.
College Park Family Care Center is a Christ-centered medical practice within HCA Physician Services Group* and we are looking for an exceptional CLINICAL MEDICAL ASSISTANT to join our team! Every aspect of our practice is rooted in providing compassionate care to our patients and each other. We believe in \\“care with caring,\\” which means that we will treat the \\“whole\\” you—body, mind, and spirit. We work hard to support each other and provide an atmosphere of comfort to our patients and their families. If you would like to be part of a team that puts the care and improvement of human life above all else, apply now.
We offer an excellent benefits package, competitive salary, tuition reimbursement, and growth opportunities. Visit our website to find out more about our history and what makes us different: https://collegeparkfamilycare.com
As a Medical Assistant in our practice, you will function as a champion of patient care, you can do everything from patient charting to preparing exam/treatment rooms to giving injections and assisting the physician.
JOB DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assists with managing patient administrative functions including handling patient relations, check-in/check-out, scheduling, insurance verification, collection of copays, and answering phones.
- Taking patient histories and vital signs including ensuring all EHR is current.
- Gives injections and handles minor procedures such as collecting specimens, casting, splinting, and applying dressings as applicable.
- Assists physician in preparing for minor surgeries and physicals including maintaining supplies/equipment and sterilization.
- One year of Medical Assisting or other applicable clinical work experience is highly preferred.
- Medical Assistants who recently graduated (within the last 12 months) from a Medical Assisting training program must obtain MA certification within 60 days of employment.
- Incumbents who do not possess active and unrevoked MA certification/ABR-OE credentials must obtain MA certification/ABR-OE credentials within one year of employment.
- Active and unrevoked RMA, CCMA, CMA, NCMA, or NCRMA certification/ABR-OE credentials is highly preferred.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 24258-80483
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.