EHS Sr. Professional
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, MO 64106
EHS Sr\. Professional
Cargill provides food, agriculture, financial and industrial products and services to the world\. Together with farmers, customers, governments and communities, we help people thrive by applying our insights and over 150 years of experience\. We have 155,000 employees in 70 countries who are committed to feeding the world in a responsible way, reducing environmental impact and improving the communities where we live and work\.
Assess safety risks in the facility and lead implementation of EHS strategies at the location to achieve business and customer objectives\.
Build EHS strength at the location by partnering with the site leadership to develop EHS knowledge and EHS leadership\.
Define and maintain management systems to sustain a high performing culture, maintain compliance, continuously improve performance, and leverage EHS resources to meet key business metrics and meet customer requirements\.
Create, monitor and execute on action plans resulting from audits and investigations
Collaborate with BU/Regional EHS leadership and operations, functional and commercial staff\.
Review capital projects and new product development for EHS considerations
Support and implement BU EHS communications and safety recognition programs
Collaborate with peers in CASCNA/GEOSNA and other BUs to share knowledge and best practices across the organization\.
40% \- Assess risk and deploy actions/implement EHS strategies to achieve business and customer objectives\.
15% \- Build and influence EHS capability across the management and operations teams\.
15% \- Ensure compliance with applicable regulatory/corporate/environmental permitting requirements\.
10% \- Actively involved in incident investigations to determine root cause and drive appropriate corrective actions\.
10% \- Build effective working relationships with key stakeholders to positively influence a strong safety culture\.
5% \- Monitor and report leading and lagging safety performance indicators and ensure high visibility of current performance\.
5% \- Develop/Deploy education tools/methods and deliver training\.
- Bachelor’s Degree and 2 years EHS experience OR minimum 5 years EHS experience in manufacturing or processing industry\.
- 2 years EHS experience with EHS responsibilities for complex location\.
- Excellent working experience in Microsoft Office\.
- Ability to manage multiple, competing priorities and ensure that plans, guidance and advice is accurate, timely & effective\.
- Ability to quickly gather & analyze facts & input from all stakeholders, provide clear guidance & build consensus on solutions & be able to customize for specific location & unique circumstances\.
- Ability to coach, influence and work directly with plant superintendent and supervisors providing support at the level they need to fulfill their EHS responsibilities\.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills\.
- Ability to lead a problem\-solving activity with a cross functional group of employees\.
- Ability to lead site wide meetings\.
- Ability to manage work place injuries including workers compensation\.
- CSP \(Certifies Safety Professional\), ASP \(Associate Safety Professional\), or other EHS related certification\.
- Ability to travel\.
- Understanding of environmental compliance and safety issues related to oilseed or grain processing\.
- EHS Auditing experience\.
- Behavioral safety program experience\.
- PSM\. \(process safety management\)\.
- IH\. \(industrial hygiene\)\.
- Incident Investigation and Root Cause Analysis experience\.
Equal Opportunity Employer, including Disability/Vet\.
Job Safety/Environmental Health
Primary Location US\-MO\-Kansas City
Job Type Standard
Shift Day Job
Req ID: KAN00783