Receptionist (Mobile Collections)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, MO 64111
Under the direction of the Collection Supervisor, greets and directs donors and guests of the blood center at mobile blood drives. Performs registration of donors in the Blood Establishment Computer System (BECS) per Registration Standard Operating Procedures.
Supports organizational quality efforts by accepting responsibility for:
• Reporting any problems relating to the product, process, and quality system, and
• Participating in the implementation of solutions to problems.
• Assists with unloading and loading of trucks by helping to bring items from truck to mobile sites.
• Set up registration area
• Greet donors in a friendly fashion
• Access donor in BECS system and verify or enter address, telephone, and other applicable demographic information
• Create a donor visit and enter appropriate collection type, use type, and group code
• Question donor about previous names or nicknames
• Print donor History Form, as applicable
• Maintains confidentiality of all information regarding donors and staff
• Review donor consent when applicable
• Give donor educational materials and provide instructions on completing donor questionnaire
• Tear down reception area and pack equipment for transport
• Following MUO transport, responsible for docking the laptops servers per SOP
• Maintains safe and clean registration area by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
• Must be able to confidently communicate and interpret intermediate information in English to all members of the public and CBC staff
• Complies with CBC safety policies and procedures
• WORK HOURS AND DAYS VARY SO MUST BE VERY FLEXIBLE
• High school diploma or equivalent. Must provide a copy of the transcript.
• Customer service experience preferred.
• Proficient computer skills required.
• Computer knowledge and experience is helpful but not necessary
Skills & Abilities
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Excellent customer service skills
• Superior attention to details
• Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
• Ability to work effectively with diverse group of people (donors and staff)