Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Salina, KS 67401
The Supervisor provides supervision of staff providing reintegration services to children and families.
- Directly supervises social workers, family support workers, and office support staff
- Responsible for staff scheduling, employee evaluations and resolving staff conflicts
- Provides leadership for staff by modeling expectations and behaviors
- Provides supervision for staff, including case staffing and feedback related to achieving permanency goals for children and families in a timely fashion
- Assures that documentation meets guidelines for timeliness and accuracy
- Assigns cases, maintaining appropriate staffing ratios of social workers to children/families
- Serves as relief social worker, when needed
- Assures that case plan goals, permanency goals for children, and other appropriate services are established and achieved in a timely manner
- Assures that children referred for placement by DCF are transported and placed within 4 hours
- Develops on-call list for 24 hour coverage and crisis intervention
- Monitors overall client satisfaction of program and evaluates for performance improvement. Advises Area Director of the findings
- Liaison with DCF, courts, schools, providers, and communities
- Assures that case documentation and critical incident reports meet SFCS and the DCF requirements, for content and timeliness
- Manages provision of services within assigned budget
- Manages issues that may occur in the office
- Manages physical and emotional aspects of office staff
- Promotes a positive relationship throughout SFCS
- Assures staff reports critical incidents to DCF verbally within 12 hours, written within 24 hours.
- Assures staff reports unusual incidents through appropriate Risk Management, clinical and safety channels.
- Implements SFCS policies and follows directives as required. Follows and adheres to all pertinent SFCS Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s), rules, personnel policies and procedures; related accreditation and licensure standards; and federal, state and local rules, statutes, regulations, and contractual terms
- Is knowledgeable of and follows all safety procedures
- Reports unusual incidents through appropriate Risk Management, clinical and safety channels
- Ensures clients’ rights are protected