Shelter Supervisor #2
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Salina, KS 67401
SHELTER SUPERVISOR #2
Must be able:
• To work in a non-judgmental manner with individuals of all races, ages, and economic levels who are in crisis situations;
• To handle emergency situations which necessitate immediate decisions;
• To work effectively in a stressful environment;
• To work as a team player with other staff.
• Ability and experience to facilitate support groups;
• Familiarity with community resources, particularly 24-hour services;
• Sense of dedication to DVACK and its purpose;
• Initiative, integrity and strong sense of professionalism;
• Ability to have empathy and be a good listener;
• A dedicated interest in issues affecting women;
• Excellent organizational skills and be self-motivated.
High school diploma a must. Prefer some college classes in social work, psychology or human service or equivalent work experience with a human service agency.
• Cleanliness, upkeep and security of facility
• Security, guidance and support of temporary residents
• Positive supportive interaction with residential clients with each client’s safety and program progress in focus.
• Maintain a perpetual inventory of supplies (paper & cleaning), commodities.
• Daily inspection of entire shelter facility for:
o Repairs needed
• Oversee compliance of shelter rules and regulations by residents.
• Other tasks as assigned by the Executive Assistant.
Basic work schedule will be:
Wednesday – Saturday 9p.m. – 8 a.m.
Directly accountable to the Executive Assistant
Travel expenses; life, health and dental insurance; vacation; sick leave; and holidays as set by the Personnel Policy.