Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Propulsion engineers will contribute to all aspects of thepropulsion systems for Textron Aviation aircraft\. This includes hands\-ondesign, analysis, development testing, certification, and field support ofinternally developed and supplier components and systems\. A successfulcandidate will leverage multiple Textron business units \(or similar\) tocontribute individually, as well as take on suitably guided task leadership rolesin the various aspects of the design, test, and certification process of thepropulsion system\. Candidates will gain knowledge and exposure to engine,fuel, fire protection, propeller, and Auxiliary Power Unit systems\.
99. Perform industry research and coordination with Advanced DesignTeam to assist in the preparation of propulsion system trade studies,functional test procedures, certification reports, and other engineeringdocuments\.
99. Perform heat transfer analysis and compressible/incompressiblefluid flow analysis as required to identify possible propulsion systemarchitectures and expected performance\.
99. Gain familiarity with FAA regulations and guidance materialrelating to propulsion certification and integration at the aircraft level\.
99. Perform lab and aircraft testing of propulsion system componentsand systems to verify performance and compliance with regulations\.
99. Initiate and incorporate innovative designs and concepts utilizingCATIA software, aimed at addressing propulsion system requirements on new andin\-service aircraft models\.
99. Develop 3D solid models and drafts of detail parts, assemblies,and installations\.
99. Communicate and coordinate with internal technical disciplines,such as Manufacturing, Tooling, Structural Integrity, Aerosciences, MechanicalSystems, and Aircraft Electrical Systems\.
99. Interface and coordinate with suppliers and customers to resolvenew and ongoing aircraft design challenges\.
99. Peer drawing checking and the release of engineering documents, aswell as day\-to\-day collaboration to resolve design conflicts and interferences\.
99. Support prototype aircraft assembly, which includes coordinationwith Experimental Engineering to support design interpretation and occasionallyinvestigate and respond to problems in manufacturability\.
99. Build prototypes of systems components for testing; set up and runlaboratory simulations\.
99. Assist in the creation of test procedures and coordination oftesting\.
99. Analysis of test results and system math modeling using Excel,MatLab, or dedicated software packages
99. Create presentations to convey test results, design issues, ortrade study recommendations\.
99. Support the investigation and response to customer field serviceissues\.
+ Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in AerospaceEngineering, Mechanical Engineering, or a similar technical field required
+ Professional and diplomatic demeanor
+ Strong sense of accountability and integrity
+ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
+ Time management skills to support multiple concurrent projects
+ Understanding of 2D & 3D design concepts
+ Working knowledge of generic CAD design tool processes
+ Ability to read and produce 2D drawings using standard industry practices
+ Proficient in use of standard Microsoft Office programs
+ Experience in CATIA V5 or V6 is preferred
+ Proficiency in Visual Basic for Applications \(VBA\) preferred
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job\. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listof all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275992