Airframe Design Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Airframe Design Engineer
Responsiblefor planning, optimizing, and executing complex aircraft structural designassignments\. This will include the support of new product and sustainingdesigns and require coordination with multiple technical stakeholders\. Airframedesign engineers serve as the point of contact for problem\-solving and thedevelopment of efficient aircraft structures\.
99. Incorporate design improvements utilizing CATIA software with an emphasis on modeling and drafting
99. 3D model development in support of detail, assembly and installation layouts
99. Communicate and coordinate with technical disciplines, such as Manufacturing, Tooling, Structural Integrity, and Aerodynamics
99. Peer drawing checking and the release of engineering documents, as well as day\-to\-day collaboration to resolve design conflicts and interferences\.
99. Support prototype aircraft assembly, which includes coordination with engineering to support design interpretation and occasionally investigate and respond to problems in manufacturability
99. Conducts research, calculations, estimates and drafting of projects to conform with established specifications such as capacities, styling, performance and determine status of work in progress\.Performs above work utilizing frequent application of in\-depth engineering principles\.
99. Maintainscontact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolveengineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation ofnew design concepts and changes\.
99. Participate in the development and improvement of processes\.
+ Bachelor’sDegree in:
- Aerospace Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Related degreedtechnical fields
+ Professionaland diplomatic demeanor
+ Strongsense of accountability and integrity
+ Excellentverbal and written communication skills
+ Understandingof 2D & 3D design concepts
+ Proficientin Microsoft Office and CATIA
+ Previouswork experience in a mechanical or manufacturing engineering setting isbeneficial
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275834