Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Topeka, KS 66611
JOB OBJECTIVE: To complete Functional Assessments to determine Home & Community Based Services (HCBS) I/DD waiver eligibility for individuals seeking I/DD services in Shawnee County.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Quality Management Coordinator
I. FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENTS
A. When contacted by the person’s case manager to schedule the Assessment, the following protocol will be followed. In cases of no case management representation, contact will be made directly to persons supported, families, and guardians to schedule the Functional Assessment meeting.
1. *Functional Assessments – Facilitate meetings per the State of Kansas (KDADS) interpretive guidelines and CDDO policy. Educate case managers and affiliates on the process and policy/procedures.
2. Facilitate meetings with person supported, families, guardians, schools, community service providers and other natural supports.
3. Meetings are scheduled, within reason, to accommodate the time of day or evening the person supported, family, and guardian have available to ensure their opportunity for input.
4. Location of the meeting should also accommodate the person supported.
B. *Gather Functional Assessment information according to guidelines established by the State of Kansas and the Shawnee County CDDO.
1. Research medical conditions, medications, and disabilities via Internet and other resources such as doctors, pharmacists, and other professionals.
2. *Review all parts of the Functional Assessment to assure accuracy.
3. *Submit when complete.
4. Submit the Assessment to the CDDO Coordinator according to CDDO Policy.
5. Scan the cover sheet into the web based system (BCI) so authorized case managers and affiliated providers have access.
C. *Complete essential billing information and submit to the Finance Division monthly along with the completed Third Party Liability (TPL) form. When the TPL form is mailed to the responsible party, make a notation on the billing sheet.
II. CONSUMER AND FAMILY SUPPORT
A. *Provide information to persons supported and families (guardian) as identified in K.A.R. 30 64 22 (5) “Implementation Response of CDDO’s.”
B. Ensure tracking of disseminated information is obtained and accurately maintained in persons supported case record.
III. LIAISON WITH COMMUNITY SERVICE PROVIDERS
A. Educate affiliates and case managers about the Functional Assessment process and CDDO policies.
B. Inform case managers and affiliated providers whenever KDADS revises the manual or interpretive guidelines.
IV. MEMBER OF THE CDDO INTERNAL COMMITTEES
A. *Participate on the BSS and QA/QE committees.
1. Conduct follow up as delegated by the Quality Management Coordinator during
B. *Act as the CDDO representative for those that have not selected a Targeted Case Management provider to schedule the Assessment meeting.
V. MEMBER OF THE FUNCTIONAL ASSESSMENT TEAM
A. Participate in scheduled team meetings.
B. During the team meetings, review and discuss Functional Assessment questions encountered at meetings. Notify the case manager of the team decision so the case manager may inform those in attendance for the meeting.
C. *Participate on state/regional sponsored KAMIS and Functional Assessment training and/or meetings.
VI. CONTRIBUTE AS MEMBER OF THE CDDO TEAM
A. Lead by example; by showing courtesy, being fair, listening empathetically, and following through on any responsibilities agreed upon.
B. Focus on the values, principles, and outcome when disagreements occur.
C. Support the consensus or decisions of the team.
D. If concerns exist, notify the CDDO Director.
E. Listen to feedback from team members on the team process; implement changes and recommendations made by team decision.
VII. OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
*Essential Functions of the job.