Human Resources Team Member - Manhattan, KS - 12765-0519-42824
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan, KS 66502
Responsible for the administrative support of day-to-day Human Resources and provides general office support with a variety of administrative activities, and team member assistance. The Human Resources Team Member will be responsible for file maintenance, answering telephones, assisting management with special projects, presentations of quarterly or monthly reports, and various reports and documents to provide current personnel information.
- Acts as a main point of contact for HR related questions and team member assistance. Directs team members to appropriate HR personnel when necessary.
- Maintains HR database (HRIS) through computer entry and file maintenance; files team member information into team member files.
- Assists in the preparation of executive-level presentations; frequent use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook).
- Collects, receives, sorts, and forwards incoming mail/faxes; distributes and posts publications.
- Assists with other related administrative duties such as photocopying, faxing, filing, and collating.
- Prepares outgoing communication including letters to and for prospective team members, customers, and applicants.
- Assists team members and public with personnel information; verifies employment status.
- Maintains maintenance of office duties such as making copies, preparing paperwork, creating new employee files, and updates and maintains I-9 information.
- Schedules and maintains HR use of conference rooms.
- Answers telephones and directs the caller to the appropriate employee, or voicemail.
- Schedules and attends HR meetings and one-on-ones with post meeting notes distributed.
- Creates, posts and keeps information on bulletin boards up to date, current, and relevant to include newsletters and electronic bulletin boards.
- Prepares HR documents, handouts, and packets; ensures all HR documents are available for clients.
- Spends a portion of time as acting receptionist in the showroom during busy times.
- Completes position specific training plan, and engages in continuous development utilizing a developmental plan.
- Coordinates and assists with employee events and special projects for departments as needed.
- Provide Notary service for company and employees.
Minimum Education and Experience Required:
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 1-2 years experience in HR field preferred.
- Proven working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite Products (Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Previous experience with HRIS a plus, experienced computer skills required.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks and handle highly confidential information while working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Able to adapt to change quickly, and adapt to company specific software.
To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require now, or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status
Only applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact us directly: