FEMA - Cost Estimator (Nationwide Openings)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Kansas City, KS 66102
- Conducts preliminary damage assessments (PDAs) in the field for infrastructure projects.
- Prepares complex project worksheets for the purposes of determining project eligibility, scopes of work and estimating costs to repair or replace a facility or structure damaged by a disaster.
- Reviews, evaluates and analyzes applicant-provided cost claims for reasonableness and accuracy as related to the scope of work.
- Researches, reviews and updates equipment rates used in reimbursing applicants for the use of applicant-owned equipment while performing eligible work.
- Develops cost estimates using RS Means software. Performs other duties as required.
FEMA – Cost Estimator (Nationwide Openings)
WAF Field Mod Fringe
CDM Smith Employment Type:
- HS Diploma or equivalent.
- 5 years of in-field experience or 2 years of in-field of expertise with a bachelor’s degree.
- Domestic travel is required.
We attract the best people in the industry, supporting their efforts to learn and grow. We strive to create a challenging and progressive work environment. We provide career opportunities that span a variety of disciplines and geographic locations, with projects that our employees plan, design, build and operate as diverse as the needs of our clients. CDM Smith is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Why CDM Smith?:
CDM Smith provides lasting and integrated solutions in water, environment, transportation, energy and facilities to public and private clients worldwide. As a full-service consulting, engineering, construction, and operations firm, we deliver exceptional client service, quality results and enduring value across the entire project life cycle. CDM Smith is a major partner to the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA), supporting its mission under various prime and/or sub-prime contracts for Public Assistance, Individual Assistance, Hazard Mitigation Assistance, and Risk Analysis. The Public Assistance program supports recovery operations primarily for debris removal, emergency protective measures, and the repair, replacement or restoration of disaster-damaged, publicly-owned facilities, such as: roads, bridges, municipal buildings, police and fire stations, water/wastewater treatment plants, etc., including Private Non-Profit facilities such as hospitals.
Job Site Location:
United States – Nationwide
All vendors must have a signed CDM Smith Placement Agreement from the CDM Smith Recruitment Center Manager to receive payment for your placement. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of the CDM Smith staff will not be considered binding terms. All unsolicited resumes sent to CDM Smith and any resume submitted to any employee outside of CDM Smith Recruiting Center Team (RCT) will be considered property of CDM Smith. CDM Smith will not be held liable to pay a placement fee.
Amount of Travel Required:
Visa Sponsorship Available:
No – We will not support sponsorship, i.e. H-1B or TN Visas for this position
Skills and Abilities:
Must be a U.S. citizen and be able to pass an FBI background check. Driving may be required depending on location of disaster and role. Familiar with estimating tools such as RS Means. Knowledge of FEMA’s Cost Estimating Format (CEF) is a plus. Demonstrates good organizational skills to balance and prioritize work. Strong attention to detail. Strong written and oral communication skills. Experience working with Federal Regulations and Code.