Senior Retail Merchandising Associate
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Our sales and marketing teams talk the talk and walk the walk, marketing hundreds of products worldwide for consumer, business and military applications. Our highly-motivated sales professionals not only initiate new relationships, but also maintain positive rapport with established dealers. Our marketing teams support the sales teams, ensuring quality marketing materials are initiated, scheduled, produced, documented and archived. If marketing and selling a quality product at an affordable price is in your plan, then let?s strategize.
We are looking for a full-time Senior Retail Merchandising Associate for our headquarters in the Greater Kansas City area. In this role, the Sr. Retail Merchandising Associate partners with the Manager, Retail Marketing, Sales Director and Sales Manager to develop point-of-sale (POS) and/or in-store marketing materials that help our consumers easily locate Garmin?s products at retail, understand the product features and benefits and result in a sales transaction driving revenue for Garmin and our dealers. Other essential functions include:
- The Sr. Retail Merchandising Associate is seen as a seasoned dealer expert for their assigned national retail accounts and fully understands their strategies, objectives, store requirements and logistics.? He/she fully leverages the available in-store marketing opportunities and has a proven track record of successful in-store retail marketing solutions, consistently delivers them on time and on budget.? He/she works independently and while securing Management approvals as outlined in the Garmin Merchandising processes.??
- Leads onsite marketing discussions and conference calls for assigned national retail accounts with the Sales Director and/or Sales Manager.? This is a customer facing role so professionalism is required at all times.
- Manages all aspects and critical time line path including concept development, facilitates internal and external content approvals, oversees POS prototype approvals and manages the production and implementation of materials in stores.??
- Ensures Garmin?s products and services are presented in a manner that is consistent with Garmin?s global brand requirements.??
- Ensures a cohesive campaign experience between the customer?s in store and on line solutions.??
- Works closely with an internal cross-functional team consisting of Sales, Marketing Communications, Demand Planning, Order Admin, Purchasing and Transportation to execute the materials on time and within budget.
- Works closely with external merchandising suppliers to co-develop concepts, approve marketing materials, negotiate costs, conducts factory tours, and ensures accurate, on-time, quality materials.?
- Fully understands the retail landscape for assigned retail accounts.? Conducts retail market tours, shares findings, proposes incremental business opportunities and takes corrective actions when needed.
- Attends sales meetings, trade shows or promotional events as needed.? Off site business travel required.
- Assists with training new Retail Marketing Associate team members on processes and procedures.
- Assists with training Retail Marketing Coordinator team members so they may learn the Retail Marketing Associate job functions.?
- Attends meetings for the Manager, Retail Marketing when requested.
- Performs other job related duties as assigned.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO