Software Engineer (Java)
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Olathe, KS 66062
As a leading worldwide provider of navigation devices and wearable technology, our focus is on developing, designing and supporting superior products. Our advanced technology promotes performance, safety and ease of use in every market we serve. That makes us an engineering and technology company with a keen focus on recruiting talent in those fields. But the same vertical integration business model that keeps all design and manufacturing processes in-house also gives us the incentive to hire top performers from different backgrounds, including operations, finance and accounting, information technology, sales, marketing and communications.
Information technology is rebooting the workforce one computer, one operating system, one associate at a time. From developing new tools and implementing standards-based applications to managing Garmin servers, email and phone systems, the team uses industry-standard technologies but also creates customized programs to meet the company?s needs. At Garmin, IT teams are comprised of associates who share the same passion about what they do every day. We offer a relaxed team environment (no dress code!) where advancement is found from sharing knowledge, not hiding it! While we promise you a lot of responsibility, you also will have the opportunity to have ownership over projects?oh, and we promise you there will be some fun mixed in there, too!
We are looking for a full-time IT Software Engineer (Customer Data and Services Team)? to develop to design, enhance, and develop single and multi-system applications as a part of structured SDLC process, at our world headquarters in Olathe, Kansas. In this role you will be responsible for working with Internet Application Analysts to develop and implement unit and system testing processes. Other essential functions include:?
- Owns availability, security and scalability of core new Cloud based REST services built in Spring/Spring Boot over our 50 million customer database.
- Owns design, implementation and maintenance for all the core customer services.
- Owns design, implementation and maintenance for all the core privacy services.
- Owns Single Sign On application(owns UX and Spring App) used by all the Garmin properties and mobile apps, very high volumes and visibility. Multi datacenter presence with complete redundancy for all the apps owned by the team. 50 applications interact with SSO so work is done with many applications
- Designs, enhances and develops single and multi-system applications written in Java
- Provides solutions for complex software problems for existing applications
- Maintains, improves, and extends existing software with limited assistance from other associates
- Works collaboratively and professionally in a team environment to determine general approach and specific solutions to technical problems
- Reviews complex tasks for soundness of technical judgment and overall adequacy and accuracy
- Works with Garmin IT Analysts to develop and implement unit and system testing processes for single or multi system projects
- Demonstrates quality and effectiveness in work documentation and organization
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Request Priority Protected Veteran Referrals
EOE -Veteran /Disabled/Minority/AA/F/M/SO