Medical Coder CBO
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66214
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD’S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today’s life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today!
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
· Codes outpatient surgery center(s) records in a timely manner, including the assignment of ICD-9-CM, ICD-10, E/M, Procedure Categories, modifiers (when applicable), and HCPCS/CPT procedure codes.
· Resolves/clarifies codes and diagnosis with conflicting, missing, or unclear information by appropriately utilizing the query tool to get additional information from the Medical Staff as necessary.
· Ensures that 3M encoder updates are processed timely/upon receipt to ensure use of the most current coding information.
· Codes billing supplies and implants; furnishes completed coding information as necessary to bill cases.
· Assists central business office management with any special projects related to coding issues or questions that may include medical records audits and other coding/HIM support, as appropriate.
· Collects data and prepares reports of findings.
· Assists with preparation for AAAHC and/or State reviews.
· Shares knowledge of the reporting and the disposition of medical records (statistical reports).
· Guides others to follow the state standards related to the release of information from medical records and assists with determining the appropriate release of medical information.
· Initiates physician queries in compliance with ASD guidelines/policies where appropriate.
· Reviews all official data quality standards, coding guidelines, company policies and procedures, and clinical/medical resources to assure coding knowledge and skills remain current.
· Utilizes the complete medical record’s documentation in code assignment.
· Consults with the business office management for assistance with resolving issues, as needed.
· Meets all educational requirements as stated in HCA-ASD policies.
· Practices and adheres to the \\“Code of Conduct\\” philosophy and \\“Mission and Value Statement\\”.
Cross trains and performs other duties as assigned based on business operational needs.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 26652-1875
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.