Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66202
- Schuff Steel – Midwest
- Overland Park, KS, USA
- Full Time
Comprehensive Benefits Package
(a subsidiary of ), the largest fabrication & erection company in the US, is looking to hire a Project Coordinator. This position offers high-visibility, growth opportunities, exciting builds (previous clients include , , and ).
Our Employee Value Proposition
Critical to the needs of our Project Management Department, the Project Coordinator assists in managing the flow of technical information between, the Schuff Steel Project Management team, customers, and subcontractors and vendors through verbal and nonverbal communication.
In return, Schuff Steel will offer a competitive market-based salary and comprehensive health insurance benefits. We are committed to professional development and growing our business. We are looking for a professional with a growth mindset who desires a progressive career move for a long-term period.
Key Performance Objectives (not an all-inclusive list of duties/expectations)
- Five (5) years of related experience in the coordination of structural steel projects.A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university in Construction Management, Structural/Civil Engineering, or Business may substitute for 3 years of the required experience.
- Reviews design drawings for accuracy and completeness, and coordinates resolution of discrepancies and/or missing information with customers, design team, detailing, shop, & field as may be necessary.
- Coordinates project sequencing and basic detailing job setup including advance bills and shop and erection drawings.
- Provides technical instructions and guidance to steel detailers in preparing shop drawings per project requirements and standards.
- Monitors project schedules regarding submittals, approvals, and shop fabrication releases. Identify and communicate possible delays or problems to project management team.
- Organize detailing RFI process through formal RFI to customer and informal RFI’s with the engineer, architect, and general contractor.
- Distribute and route drawings. Partner with Document Control to avoid delays and maintain logs.
- Act as a liaison between shop, field, and detailers to resolve fabrication and erection difficulties.
- Maintains daily communication with Project Manager, Sr. Project Manager or Vice President on progress of areas of responsibility.
- Provides assistance to the Project Management Team in achieving successful project results.
- This position requires travel to design and coordination meetings, fabrication facilities and job sites.
- Coordinates the detailing efforts of various common subcontractors.
- Serve as a direct link between Detailers, Project Managers, and other production departments, and customer, other contractors, and Design Team as may be required.
- Knowledge of MS Office, Tekla, REVIT & NAVISWORK, Primavera, and Fabtrol software packages
Schuff Steel is an Equal Opportunity Employer with an Affirmative Action Plan
Recruiters* – Resumes submitted without current/valid vendor agreement will become property of Schuff Steel. Any recruiting/staffing firm or agency wishing to do business with Schuff Steel must contact the Talent Acquisition Department at* (602) 687-1699. Recruiting/staffing firms may NOT contact hiring managers directly. Firms that do not honor this request will be removed from consideration.
Schuff Steel is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other protected class status.