Engineer - AES Electrical UM
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Engineer – AES Electrical UM
Responsible for ensuring the proposeddesign is certifiable, coordinating with the FAA, resolution of certificationissues, determination of the certification basis, writing the certificationplan, witnessing certification testing, and finding compliance\.
99. Responsiblefor successful integration and certification of vendor equipment into TextronAviation aircraft\.
99. Assistsin preparation of reports, engineering drawings, and other documents\.
99. Coordinateswith direct and indirect customers and suppliers to determine systemrequirements and resolve problems\.
99. Responsiblefor completing complex development, design, testing and certificationassignments for new design or modifications\.
99. Developscreative scientific alternatives during course of job assignments to reachdesired outcome\.
99. Performswork utilizing frequent application of in\-depth engineering principles\.
99. Maintaina high degree of proficiency in computer applications to accomplish tasks\.
99. Requestsand coordinates work performed by Engineering support groups, Experimental,Manufacturing and Supply Chain Management for the project\.
99. Instructssuppliers as to materials, equipment and hardware for utilization on aircraftin accordance with approved specifications\.
99. Maintainscontact with Product Support Engineering and production departments to resolveengineering problems impeding production and to assist in the incorporation ofnew design concepts and changes\.
99. Reviewsand evaluates supplier proposals for potential utilization on future models\.
99. Providesguidance to engineers and report writers in the solution of specific, complexdesign problems, which must be resolved during development and testing\.
99. Assures supervision awareness of program status,problems and successes\. Provides periodic design reviews and updatepresentations to management of engineering and other company organizations andtools
+ Bachelor’sDegree in required Electrical Engineering, Electrical Engineering Technology,or other related Engineering field
+ FAAdesignee \(ODA UM or DER\) \-14 CFR Part 23 Chart C2 – Systems & EquipmentElectrical
+ Experiencewith complex certification projects integrating multiple systems
+ Minimumof 2 years of engineering experience or relative aviation technical or systemsexperience\.
+ Strongcomputer, written and verbal communication skills required\.
+ Timemanagement skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of varioussize and scope\.
+ Experiencewith avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of 14 CFR Part23 preferred\.
+ Experiencewith computer\-aided wiring diagram and harnessing software is desired\. MentorGraphics preferred\.
+ Experiencewith electrical wiring, harnessing, and manufacturing is strongly desired\.
+ Experiencewith Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Visio experience preferred\.
+ Designknowledge of electrical bonding criteria, thermal cooling requirements forelectronic equipment, EMI shielding, and High Intensity Radiated Fields \(HIRF\)/ Indirect Effects of Lightning \(IEL\) installation criteria is considered aplus\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275325