Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Topeka, KS 66606
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America’s largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Journeyman. The role of the Diesel Service Journeyman is to perform all functions of a fully-qualified heavy-duty truck repair Diesel Technician under minimal supervision.
- Perform skilled and complicated mechanical work on heavy-duty truck equipment and related components with minimum supervision.
- Perform trouble shooting on major problems.
- Work with and help train Apprentice Technicians.
- Advise the Service Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
- Maintain favorable relations with customers.
- Participate in training to stay abreast of new technology.
MHC is an expansion of the original company, Ozark Kenworth, Inc. Ozark Kenworth started in Springfield, Missouri, in January 1975. Opening for business without a Parts or Service department and only three employees in a temporary facility. From there, the company grew and expanded.
MHC is now a multi-state network of full-service diesel truck dealerships, leasing and rental operations, transport refrigeration locations, and a finance company which offers a complete array of finance and insurance services.
We believe in fostering an environment that helps employees realize their full potential – a place where you can grow as a person and a professional.
- Competitive Salary
- Medical, Dental and Prescription Insurance
- Disability and Life Insurance
- Paid Time Off program
- 401k and Profit Sharing with Employer Match
- Flexible Spending Account
- Internal Promotion Opportunities
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- On the Job Training
- Minimum four years of diesel experience or a vocational graduate
- Must have at least one specialization (i.e. engine, drive train, etc.)
- Necessary tools to perform the position
- Strong customer service and communication skills
- Computer experience
- CDL preferred
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled