Director Patient Safety/Risk Mgmt
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66209
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
MENORAH MEDICAL CENTER is a 175-bed, a full-service, acute care hospital and ER located in Overland Park and Leawood. The hospital serves the community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City region.
Menorah has a world-class medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens and children.
Position Summary: Oversees Performance Improvement throughout the facility.
SYSTEMS THINKING AND RELIABLE DESIGN EXPECTATIONS:
– Prevent future harm by initiating and overseeing proactive evaluation and redesign of systems to improve care processes (e.g. forcing functions, checklists, error causation thinking, human factors, applied informatics, culture).
– Support improved outcomes by emphasizing both appropriate behaviors and robust systems that include concise accountability measures and follow-up.
– Improve consistent delivery of evidence-based care and reduction in preventable harm by focusing on reliability and applying the principles of reliable design.
– Reduce variation in care delivery. Partner with the Patient Safety Organization to explore identified variations when appropriate.
– Utilize alerts and best practices (e.g. Sentinel Event Alerts) to perform gap assessments and implement strong actions that will alleviate identified gaps.
IDENTIFICATION AND MITIGATION OF PATIENT SAFETY RISK EXPECTATIONS:
– Effectively report, investigate, and analyze patient safety incidents, medical errors and potential risks in the facility.
– Facilitate thorough and credible serious event analysis that result in strong sustainable improvement strategies.
– Facilitate thorough and credible failure mode effect analysis to identify and mitigate unintended adverse patient outcomes and evaluate effectiveness of process changes.
– Perform Patient Safety Rounds that identify patient safety risks. Empower staff to identify and participate in resolution of patient safety concerns.
– Coordinate disclosure of serious events to patients and/or families in accordance with organizational policy and regulations.
– Assure timely reporting of Patient Safety Work Product (PSWP) to the Patient Safety Organization.
– Actively participate in PSO learning collaboratives. Ensure implementation of best practices, alerts, and updates to drive patient safety improvement.
SAFETY CULTURE ADVANCEMENT EXPECTATIONS:
– Champion completion of Culture of Safety Survey.
– Facilitate analysis of culture of safety survey results such that data-driven action plans lead to targeted outcomes.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 09723-57947
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.