Monitor Technician Days
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67220
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
WESLEY WOODLAWN HOSPITAL & ER – WICHITA, KANSAS
SHIFT: DAYS 7AM – 7PM
Wesley Woodlawn Hospital and ER, a campus of Wesley Medical Center, provides patients with convenient access to expert heart care, surgical care and emergency services. Our 82-bed facility provides world class medical care while promoting wellness, healthy lifestyles and community health education programs and screenings.
Wesley Woodlawn earned a national Excellence in Patient Care award for a second consecutive year from the healthcare performance improvement firm Studer Group. The hospital was selected based on its overall emergency department patient satisfaction scores, which were in the 90th percentile nationally.
POSITION SUMMARY: Observes, interprets and maintains records of cardiac rhythms of patients on cardiac or telemetry monitoring. Continuously improves services and processes. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Performs continuously telemetry EKG monitoring of cardiac patients
- Maintains and troubleshoots the cardiac telemetry equipment
- Documents rhythm interpretations on assigned patients
- Documents and maintains accountability of all telemetry equipment
- Communicates information about patient conditions (changes in rhythm analysis) with patient care providers on routine and emergent basis
- Recognizes when and how to escalate patient concerns up the chain of command
- Ensures decisions and actions on behalf of patients are determined in an ethical manner
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
- successful completion of Dysrhythmia Exam within allotted time frame, as specified in policy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to perform clerical skills and proper phone etiquette
- Possess basic personal computer skill
- Multi-tasking and prioritization skills
- Knowledge of cardiac rhythms
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of medical terminology
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 26330-20573
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.