Emergency Department Registered Nurse RN PRN per diem
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Overland Park, KS 66215
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Emergency Department – Registered Nurse – FullTime – Nights (7pm – 7am; 3 shifts weekly). Must have KS RN license and minimum 1 year RN experience.
RECENTLY NAMED AMERICA’S COOLEST CITY.
LEARN MORE ABOUT LIVING IN KC. HTTP://WWW.THINKKC.COM/WITH/HCAMIDWEST
LEARN MORE ABOUT WORKING AT OVERLAND PARK REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER: HTTP://BIT.LY/2FQGYBB
OVERLAND PARK REGIONAL MEDICAL CENTER is one of the premiere medical facilities in Johnson County. The hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute and outpatient medical care services to the Overland Park community and the surrounding areas since December of 1978. The hospital campus features four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians.
Our services include Emergency Services, a Regional Trauma Center, an Accredited Chest Pain Center, The Women’s Center with Level IIIB NICU, the Human Motion Institute, advanced diagnostic imaging, a Diabetes Center and many other specialty care services. We offer the latest in technological advances and we are committed to providing every patient with the highest level of care in an environment where people, compassion, community and integrity are valued.
ER REGISTERED NURSE/ RN RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the general direction of the Director or Manager, the RN coordinates and provides patient care and assumes individual responsibility and accountability for the provision of nursing care.
- Nursing care is provided in accordance with hospital policies and procedures, applicable state Nursing Practice Acts, ANA Standards of Practice, ENA Standards of Practice, and the generic and unit structure standards.
- The Registered Nurse in this department provides care for birth to pediatric, pediatric/child patients between 1 to 11 years of age; adolescent patients between 12 to 17 years of age; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
*Sign-on bonuses and/or Relocation bonuses are based on qualifying criteria – Current Employees not eligible – Please ask your recruiter for details
- EDUCATION: Graduate of an accredited school of nursing school, ADN or BSN required.
- LICENSURE/CERTIFICATIONS: Current RN licensure required. Current American Heart Association (AHA) BLS required; Current AHA ACLS to be obtain within 90 days of hire; NIH Stroke training to be completed successfully within 90 days of hire;TNCC and ENPC within 6 months of hire; PALS is recommended, but not required.
EXPERIENCE: 1-year minimum ER experience preferred.
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 09722-56297
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.