Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Plans,organizes, and facilitates the strategic acquisition of materials and servicesof technical and/or contractual complexity\. Responsible for all facets of the supplier negotiation process basedupon Textron Aviation’s strategic initiatives\. Represents supply chain and aftermarket on a variety of cross functionalteams using comprehensive supply management and distribution strategies\. Develops and leads development of supply chainmanagement personnel regarding contractual understanding, drafting contractuallanguage and improving negotiation skills\.
99. Operatein a self\-directed environment to ensure contract terms and conditions supportthe overall production and aftermarket strategies\. Authority to approve project objectives, approachesto assignments and manage production/aftermarket tradeoffs to obtain best valuefor the company, with minor exceptions\.
99. Developsupplier relationships to align the supply base with Textron Aviation’s overallstrategy\. Sets supplier strategies andmanages impact to the organization\.
99. Leador support key production and aftermarket negotiations, amendments or addendumsthat have significant financial impact to the company\. This will include establishing boilerplateterms and conditions and facilitating agreement between cross functional groupsto ensure buy in to strategic trade\-offs\. Develops solutions to achieve strategic goals and supports processchanges\.
99. Keyfocal point for facilitation of contractual issues with Textron Aviation LegalCounsel, interpretation of supplier contracts, and approval of most contractdeviations\.
99. Developtraining programs for SCM and aftermarket personnel regarding contractunderstanding, risk, liability, aftermarket/distribution programs andimplementation of new strategies\.
99. Providesguidance and support for production and aftermarket personnel regardingsupplier issues, disagreements and relationships\.
99. ContractGroup representative for assigned commodity team\(s\), AD source selection team,process improvement teams, and supplier rationalization team\. May represent upper management in crossfunctional staff meetings, business development assignments and presentationsto Business Teams and Senior Management\.
99. Managesupply chain administrative functions including but not limited to: smallbusiness liaison and reporting, contract office of record, internal supplychain control audits, and supply chain policy and departmental instructions\.
99. Maintaincurrent knowledge on industry trends by personal contacts, industry reports,trade journals, magazines, and participation in professional organizations\.
+ Bachelors degree required
+ Minimum of 5 years’ relative experience required
+ Strongwritten and verbal communication
+ Strongcomputer proficiency, particularly with Microsoft Office Suite
+ Knowledgeablein strategic supply chain and aftermarket principles, theories and programs\.
+ Mustpossess strong negotiation, analytical, program management, and interpersonalskills
+ Abilityto work in a team environment and collaborate to achieve desired goals andresults
+ Excellent and personable verbal,presentation and written communication skills\.
+ Ability to identify and maintain ahigh degree of confidentially, when necessary\.
+ Strong work ethic and sense ofurgency, with the ability to manage competing demands and frequent changes inthe work environment, while managing time effectively to meet deadlines
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job\. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listof all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Job Supply Chain
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275141