Respiratory Therapy Student PRN
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67208
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
WESLEY MEDICAL CENTER – WICHITA, KANSAS
RESPIRATORY THERAPY STUDENT – PRN
One of the most experienced and comprehensive medical centers in Kansas! Wesley is the hospital of choice for thousands of people in Kansas and northern Oklahoma. Their preference for Wesley extends well beyond the high quality medical services Wesley offers. it includes the spirit of intensive caring that inspires and guides everyone who works at Wesley medical Center. Wesley medical Center is an acute care center licensed for 760 beds and 102 bassinets. As a leader in overall recommend care, Wesley treats more than 24,000 patients annually and delivers more than 6,000 babies – more than any hospital in a 13 state region. Wesley provides the most extensive emergency network in Wichita with the Wesley ER, Wesley West ER and Wesley Woodlawn ER. Founded in 1912 by a regional organization of the Methodist church, Wesley has been an HCA facility since 1985. Wesley owns and operates Wesley Woodlawn Hospital, WESLEYCare and Pediatric Center of Kansas.
The Respiratory Therapist Student administers respiratory care in the General Medical/surgical areas. Consults with supervisors concerning patient’s plan of care. Participates in the training and orientation of new employees and instruction of Respiratory Care students. identifies opportunities for continuous improvements of processes and services on an on-going basis. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
- Performs therapeutic and diagnostic interventions per Respiratory Care Policy/Procedure manual and within scope of task proficiency list
- Accurately documents therapy and medication administered, including pre and post assessment of therapy, diagnostic testing results, patient interventions and physician communications per Respiratory Care Policy/Procedure manual
- Assures accuracy of patient charges by correct documentation, use of supply Scan, Pyxis and departmental supplies
- Assists with equipment care and maintenance, cleaning and disinfection/sterilization, reassembly and functional checks
- Evaluates and assesses patient’s respiratory needs, consulting with the supervisor/respiratory therapist to make recommendations
REQUIRED REGISTRATION, LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION
- Current permit as a Student Respiratory Therapist by the Kansas State Board of healing Arts
- Current Basic Life support (BLS) verification course, as specified in policy
REQUIRED EDUCATION OR EXPERIENCE
- Current enrollment in an accredited program of Respiratory Therapy
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively
- Demonstrated ability to multi-task and prioritize
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other legally protected category in accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Employer’s Job# 00323-20551
Please visit job URL for more information about this opening and to view EOE statement.