Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
TheMechanical Systems Engineer on the Environmental \(ECS\) and Ice ProtectionSystems \(IPS\) team will support component/system design and certificationactivity through the creation of requirements and specifications, as well asissue resolution on test articles\.
99. Creation and development of component/system descriptions, requirements, and specifications\.
99. Creation and support of Development Assurance and System Safety process documentation\.
99. Collaborates across the Mechanical Systems organization and outside of the organization to support component/system design and certification activity, including:
99. Creation of supporting analyses, both mechanical and thermal
99. Creation of appropriate test plans and procedures
99. Coordination and oversight of required testing
99. Coordination of test results and report
99. Coordinate across areas including Flight Test, Project Design, Quality, and Supply Chain in order to meet objectives\.
99. Support of issue resolution and squawk closure on both flying and ground tests\.
+ Bachelor’sdegree required in:
- Otherrelated field
+ Minimum2 years’ relative technical and engineering experience is required, 5\-7 yearsexperience is preferred\.
+ Excellent written and verbal communication skills\.
+ Ability to effectively manage multiple projects at once, while maintaining the ability to adapt to fluid program demands and objectives\.
+ Computer skills: Proficient with MS Office\. Familiarity with CATIA V6 & ENOVIA PLM applications is a plus\.
+ Prior experience with Environmental and/or Ice Protection system analysis, design, and development preferred\.
+ Familiarity with CFR Part 23 and Part 25 regulations is a plus\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275195