Mechanical Systems Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Mechanical Systems Engineer
Performs the evaluation, planning, development andimplementation of manufacturing support systems, system enhancements, methodsandprocedures required forsystem improvements, integration and overall cost reductions for the business\.Candidatewill join the Mechanical Systems Engineering group for TA Defense & SpecialMissions, supporting new programs and product sustainment for a variety ofSpecial Missions and Defense platforms\.
99. Performs activities as required to accomplish objectives as established in the areas such as systems development, systems enhancements, system modeling and integration\.
99. Support new projects and/or contract proposals that require changes or upgrades to the mechanical systems
99. Provide technical support to Field Service for troubleshooting and maintenance\-related activities for the fielded fleet
99. Provide technical support to Production for sustained line flow
99. Creation of Mechanical System related drawings and BOM structure using CATIA & Enovia
99. Creation of test plans and reports for development and qualification of systems and their sub\-components
99. Provide technical assistance in support of Experimental fabrication and assembly
99. Review and approve mechanical system\-related manual and IPC updates for Technical Publications group
99. Clearly communicate and coordinate with Textron Aviation Engineering technical sections and Program Management
99. Participates in activities of investigative task force, promoting interdepartmental cooperation and communication to accomplish company goals relating to advanced technology and prevent departmental conflicts\.
99. Perform activities associated with the Continued Airworthiness for out\-of\-production aircraft\.
99. Implement engineering changes for spares, obsolete parts and product upgrades of all areas\.
99. Review and process changes to Maintenance Manuals, Structural Repair Manuals and IPC updates for Technical Publications group\.
99. Prepare program schedules and will lead FAA Certification projects, which includes the creation of Certification Plans and other required certification documentation\.
99. Work closely with Customer Support, Supply Chain, Warranty and Suppliers in support of engineering changes to ensure timely and efficient completion of assigned projects\.
99. Interface with the ODA in areas of Airworthiness, Safety and Field Service Issues\.
99. Define project’s scope of work, bid costs and forecast schedules for aircraft modifications and STC’s to ensure cost and schedule are maintained\.
99. Develop and maintain effective two\-way communications both internally and with other departments to assure adequate dissemination of information concerning plans and developments\.
99. Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes\.Provides periodic reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations
+ Bachelor’s Degree in:
+ Mechanical Engineering
+ Aerospace Engineering
+ Electrical Engineering
+ Other related field
- Experience with electromechanically\-drivenmechanisms is highly desirable
- Fluency with CATIA Kinematics is highlydesirable
- Working knowledge of aircraft mechanicalsystem aspects is desirable \(flight controls, LG/Hydraulics, ECS\)
- Knowledge of FAA and/or Military processesand procedures to support system qualification is beneficial
- Experience in CATIA V6 & V5 isbeneficial, including kinematics suites
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Excellent written and verbal communicationskills
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275198