Engineer-Avionics Systems-Product Development Installation
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Engineer\-Avionics Systems\-Product Development Installation
Responsiblefor providing engineering design and installation support to Textron Aviation’svarious product development needs\.
99. Prepare engineering drawings for the installation of avionics and electrical equipment and wire harnesses using computer based drafting tools \(CATIA\)\.
99. Assist in wiring diagram and harness assembly preparation using computer\-based wiring software \(Mentor Graphics\)\.
99. Assist in writing test plans, conformity requests, functional tests, and compliance reports\.
99. Performanalysis requiring frequent application of engineering principles
99. Preparefunctional test documents for avionics and electrical systems
99. Preparecertification documentation including certification plans, ground and flighttest plans and certification reports showing avionics and electrical systemscompliance with 14 CFR Part 23/25
99. Willevaluate and analyze avionics and electrical system design for completion offunction hazard assessments and system safety assessments
+ Bachelor’sDegree in:
- Electrical Engineering
- Computer Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Other related Engineering field
+ Minimumof 2 years of engineering experience or relative aviation technical or systemsexperience\.
+ Experiencewith avionics and electrical system design to the requirements of CFR 14 Part23 is desired\.
+ Experiencewith CATIA component and assembly design and drafting is stronglydesired\. CATIA V6 is preferred\.
+ Experiencewith computer\-aided wiring diagram and harnessing software is desired\. Mentor Graphics is preferred\.
+ Experiencewith electrical wiring, harnessing, and manufacturing is strongly desired\.
+ Strongcomputer, written and verbal communication skills required\.
+ Timemanagement skills are required to work multiple concurrent projects of varioussize and scope\.
+ Experiencewith Microsoft Office Word, Excel, PowerPoint are required, Visio experience isdesired\.
+ Design knowledge of electrical bonding criteria,thermal cooling requirements for electronic equipment, EMI shielding, and HighIntensity Radiated Fields \(HIRF\) / Indirect Effects of Lightning \(IEL\)installation criteria is considered a plus
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275206