Experimental Physical Test Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Experimental Physical Test Engineer
Responsible forthe design, coordination, and conduct of structural and operational tests onall Cessna models\. Will be required tointeract and coordinate test activities with other disciplines withinengineering\. Must be able to designstructural steel setups and loading fixtures using CATIA\. Other responsibilities include operation andconfiguration of computer\-controlled loading systems\. Knowledge of servo\-hydraulics and closed looptheory required\.
99. ReviewTest Plans/Requirements and Coordinate with Stress Engineering, SystemsEngineering, and Project design, and Quality to prepare and ensureimplementation of requirements for testing activities on various static andfatigue tests
99. Recommendand select appropriate instrumentation sensors such as, Strain Gages, LoadCells, Pressure Sensors, Thermocouples, Extensometers and DisplacementTransducers
99. Operate,configure, maintain and support use of digital load control and dataacquisition systems
99. Developdetailed test procedures & designs for the implementation of hydrauliccontrol and data acquisition systems needed to perform experimental static andfatigue tests on specimen components for qualification & verification
99. Design& develop test hardware and system from source equipment to achieve testrequirements
99. Inspect3D models and create documents for test setup
99. Responsiblefor conducting development and certification tests
99. Coordinateconformity effort for tests\. This includes creation and implementation ofconformity documentation for test setups \- work orders, test deviations, andresolution of squawks
99. Troubleshootand resolve test setup issues and report out on status for assigned tests
99. Performanalysis for adequately size test hardware and write test reports
99. Createand implement solutions for conducting testing including fixture design andfabrication, and lead a group of technicians and peers for accomplishing tasks
+ Bachelor’sDegree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering is required
+ Excellent analytical and math skills
+ Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
+ Understanding and experience utilizing Microsoft Office suite programs \(Word, Excel, Access\)
+ High comfort level with learning and understanding new software programs
+ Ability to manage time and work output while completing multiple projects/work assignments
The above statements areintended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed byemployees assigned to this job\. They are not intended to be an exhaustive listof all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275114