Engineer - Door Design
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Engineer – Door Design
Responsiblefor creating, planning, optimizing, and executing complex system and structuraldesigns related to aircraft doors\. This will include the support of new productdevelopment and sustaining designs and require coordination with multipletechnical stakeholders\. This position will be part of a diverse team ofengineers capable of executing in a fast\-paced environment providingopportunities for conceptual design, detail design, component fabrication andtest of configurations and technologies\.
Responsible for Engineering projects from conception throughdesign, planning, experimental testing, FAA certification, productionimplementation and field support\.
99. Applies in\-depth engineering principles to conceptualize, create, and communicate aircraft door designs utilizing CATIA software with an emphasis on 3D modeling and drafting to define schematics, layouts, parts, assemblies, and installations
99. Gather, develop, and manage requirements from internal and external customers to prepare trade studies and achieve design objectives
99. Prepare engineering drawings, bill of materials, specifications and functional tests to facilitate a cost effective, repeatable build
99. Manages supplier component development, interface, and qualification efforts
99. Mature designs and resolve conflicts through continual collaboration with multiple disciplines, such as Manufacturing, Tooling, Structural Integrity, Electrical Systems, Aerodynamics, Project Engineering and ODA Unit Members
99. Prepare certification plans, conformity requests, equipment qualification test plans/results, system safety documents, ground and flight test plans/results, and certification reports for aircraft door systems\.
99. Conduct troubleshooting activities throughout all phases of the product lifecycle and support investigation, root cause analysis, and corrective action
99. Support shop personnel during test article, prototype, and production build by providing engineering expertise for clarification, interpretataion, problem solving and rejection dispositions
99. Support program planning with work scope definition, schedule production, and status updates
99. Participate in the development and improvement of engineering processes
99. Assures supervision awareness of program status, problems and successes\.Provides periodic reviews and update presentations to management of engineering and other company organizations
+ Bachelor’sDegree required in Aerospace Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or otherrelative technical field
+ Minimumof 2 years engineering experience or relative aviation technical experiencerequired\.
+ Strongmechanical aptitude is required
+ Professionaland diplomatic demeanor
+ Strongsense of accountability and integrity
+ Self\-starterwith excellent verbal and written communication skills
+ Understandingof 2D & 3D design concepts
+ Proficientin Microsoft Office and CATIA
+ Excellentorganization and time management skills are required to work multipleconcurrent projects
+ Pilot’slicense, A&P rating and/or applicable hands on aircraft experience are alsodesirable but not required\.
+ Previouswork experience in a mechanical or manufacturing engineering setting isbeneficial
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275208