Material and Process Engineer- Metals
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Material and Process Engineer\- Metals
Candidateswill provide material and process engineering support for the variousengineering and production activities associated with the design, manufacture,and continuing operational safety of aircraft\.This may include opportunities in mechanical testing, metallurgicalanalysis, failure analysis, and design review\.
99. Testand evaluate materials and fasteners in relation to design, manufacturing, andsafety of the aircraft\.
99. Performfailure analysis to support engineering and production activities throughoutthe organization\.
99. Providetechnical support to internal manufacturing operations and suppliers as needed\.
99. Reviewdesign concepts and engineering drawings to ensure accuracy\.
99. Preparetest plans and test reports to support all activities regarding design,manufacturing, and operational items\.
99. Coordinatecross functionally to develop, revise and maintain engineering specifications\.
99. ProvideM&P technical support to customer service, field engineers, and othernecessary functions\.
99. Participatein development and improvement in test processes and tools\.
+ Bachelor’sDegree in:
- Metallurgical Engineering
- Materials Science / Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
+ Minimumof 2 years of engineering experience or relative technical aviation experiencerequired
+ Professionaland diplomatic demeanor
+ Excellentverbal and written communication skills
+ Strongsense of accountability and integrity
+ Hands\-onexperience with machinery or laboratory equipment
+ Abilityto work within a team environment
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 275166