Sr Project Director Minerals Processing
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Lenexa, KS 66219
Sr Project Director Minerals Processing
Date: Jun 11, 2019
Location: Lenexa, KS, US
Requisition ID: 80195
Senior Project Director – Minerals Processesing Engineering
Excellence, Innovation, and change has defined Ibberson as a design-build firm in the agricultural, industrial, and infrastructure marketplace for over 135 years. We are currently undergoing our most amibitious and exciting change – into a leadership role for Ibberson as the industrial process market engineering, procurement and construction services provider. Due to our record performance last year, and the challenge of advancing our position in the industrial process sector, we seek to fill a newly created position of Senior Project Director – Minerals Processing Engineering.
This person will report to the Executive VP, Engineering – Industrial Engineering and be responsible for driving minerals processing design from concept through engineering deliverables completion incorporating solutions from the engineering, procurement, construction and start up services groups. Focusing on the process design technical aspects and working with our internal subject matter experts (SMEs) relating to building/utility systems design & layout and material handling operations, this engineer will be responsible for the design and integration of minerals processing systems design working in collobaration with client representatives, third party vendors/integrators to bring forward the best in process solutions and meeting industry core requisites and recognized design practices. Additionally, this person will assist in the business development process as a minerals processing design expert; and foster the development and growth of the design build engineering department staff through mentoring and improved work processes to meet the needs of clients.
• Serve as the company technical Subject Matter Expert (SME) relating to minerals processing design & operations through all phases of project delivery. Bring technical expertise in processing operations design including handling/storage of raw materials; size reduction; size control; enrichment; upgrading; and slurry handling leading design development and implementation. Engagements would entail new systems design or existing systems upgrades and optimizations including debottlenecking and process plant improvements.
• Lead/engage in minerals processing design project planning processes within the proposal phase; synthesize the required scope and collaborate with company resources, SME’s and functional leadership in preparing written technical engineering scope, services estimating, schedule and other proposal deliverables.
• Support business development functions by representing the company capabilities to prospective clients or directly participating in soliciting new work opportunities in the marketplace in coordination with business development and in alignment with business line strategic direction.
• Coordinate the work-flow between engineering disciplines, SMEs, to assure coordination of design work and perform quality checks of the deliverables to be in conformance with the contract and project execution plan requirements.
• Engage with third party process engineers, vendors, OEM’s and other SME’s to evaluate process design deliverables to assure conformance to industry standards, project scope and client design basis. Consult for the company to evaluate process design risks and seek to mitigate any risks to the project and/or the company.
• Develop the most cost-effective design engineering and construction execution plan to develop a competitive proposal to assist the company to win profitable work in a highly competitive minerals production plant design-build environment.
• Serve, as needed, as a Project Engineering Manager on assigned minerals processing design projects with the requisite delegation of authority to assemble project teams and be responsible for all engineering deliverables, procurement support, constructability, safety, quality, and field support activities. Must be able to work within a matrix environment to communicate and coordinate needs.
• Engage with or lead portions of activities for the pre-construction process planning projects and developing the best execution process for engineering and design deliverables relating to the process engineering and design.
• Project engagement from concept development, scoping, planning, engineering, construction support, safety (in design/site engagement), drive/support commissioning and start-up and accommodate successful turn-over to plant operations.
• Support the preparation of a written project execution plan for the engineering & design services and deliverables, for stand-alone minerals processing engineering services delivery.
• Establish and engage a rigorous change management process within the engineering process managing scope changes and elevating such changes to project management and negotiating contract change orders in engineering-only settings.
• Manage project design quantities within engineering deliverables to align with proposed and priced project quantities. Track and report compliance and/or excursions to project management.
• Assure engineering deliverables are aligned with the construction execution process coordinating deliverables and schedules with project management.
• Support the construction process within the design-build delivery by providing field engineering services when called upon, responding to RFI’s during construction, reviewing and approving vendor drawings, and supporting project completion and turn-over as called for within the prime services contract.
• Conduct/support monthly project design and performance status reviews with client representatives.
• May serve as primary client contact on select engineering (only) assignment(s) – maintain and nurture client relationships.
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering, or technology
• Professional Engineering (PE) license, is preferred but not mandatory
• At least ten years’ experience performing minerals processing engineering projects with a preference toward design-build engagements within the industry
• Fast-paced office environment; must be able to interact professionally with all levels of management while simultaneously manage a diversified workload and challenging situations efficiently and effectively; regularly sit, stand, walk and talk and listen; occasionally lift and move up objects up to 30 pounds.
• Travel in the U.S. and internationally (25-50%).
As one of North America’s largest, most respected construction and engineering organizations, with 2018 revenues of $9 billion, Kiewit exists to make a difference. We improve and connect communities across the United States, Canada, and Mexico through complex projects in transportation, water/wastewater, power, oil, gas and chemical, building, industrial and mining. Our services are as diverse as the skills of our 20,000-strong workforce to whom we provide challenging, honest work in a caring and collaborative culture. A sense of adventure, pride and fulfillment is built into every career at Kiewit.
How We’re Different
• Consistently ranked within the top five of the “Top 400 Contractors” according to Engineering News-Record
• Top-tier health, dental and vision insurance available from Day One of employment
• 401K savings plan that includes company dollar-for-dollar match on contributions up to 6 percent of base pay
• Our employees are entitled to accrue at least 20 days