Hops House Host/Hostess - Part Time
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Riverside, MO 64150
Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Argosy Casino Riverside we think you’ll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
This position will be responsible for taking reservations, greeting and seating guests in a timely and professional manner. Additionally, ensuring that the floor is equitably set amongst the servers and appropriately timed for flow of service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Provide stellar customer service.
2. Greet and welcome guests, assign seating, and escort guests to their table.
3. Follow company procedures for seating guests including understanding and following station charts and maintaining customer flow.
4. Inform guests of menu items, specials offered, and marketing promotion information as requested.
5. Complete sales to customers including taking money in payment of sales, counting appropriate change, appropriate handling of cash payments, properly processing comps, and appropriate accounting for cash, credit, and comp receipts as needed.
6. Assist servers and bussers in maintaining dining areas including taking orders, delivery and bussing as necessary for the efficient operation of business.
7. Respond to telephone inquiries including making reservations and taking messages as needed.
8. Respond to “to go” orders including packaging orders, collection of payment, and delivery to guests.
9. Attend all departmental and company training programs or meetings as directed.
10. Compile information, complete and submit reports as needed.
11. Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
12. Adhere to all gaming laws and regulations.
13. Perform all job duties in a safe and responsible manner including keeping areas clean and free of safety hazards, debris and litter.
14. Meet department uniform, appearance and grooming requirements.
15. Any reasonably requested job duty needed to promote productivity in the efficient administration of business or any reasonable request made by your supervisor or management personnel.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
+ High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or a minimum of one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
+ Previous customer service experience in a high volume operation preferred
+ Read, write, speak and understand English
+ Excellent customer service/communication skills
+ Available to work required schedule which may include nights, weekends, holidays and overtime as needed
+ Must meet professional appearance standards as prescribed by company policy
+ Must be physically mobile with reasonable accommodation
+ Must be able to respond to visual and oral cues
+ Must be able to reach above and below the shoulder, grip small items (i.e., flatware, plates, cups, glasses), bend, stoop and twist while carrying restaurant stock to and from supply areas; able to reach across tables; able to stand and walk for up to four hours; able to use hand motions when cleaning and wiping menus and table tops
+ Must be able to tolerate industry standard chemicals used for cleaning and sanitizing
+ Able to tolerate second-hand smoke, noise, bright lights
+ Able to work at a fast pace in an often crowded/noisy environment
Something to leave you with
Penn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have properties throughout the United States and Canada and are embarking on an aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment.
Now that you have read about who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we’re about!
Equal Opportunity Employer
Job ID 2019-62673
Casino Property Argosy Casino Riverside
Position Type Regular Part-Time
Category Food and Beverage