Part-Time Switchboard/Service Clerk
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
SWITCHBOARD/OFFICE SERVICES CLERK (CHANUTE)
Reports to: Dean of Operations/CIO
Classification: Part-time, 12-month Employee
Pay Status: Hourly, Level II, Non-exempt
Fringe Benefits per Board Policy
Starting Salary range: $11.25 – $12.00
Revised: May 2019
Purpose of position: This position performs a variety of office services for the college and reports to the Dean of Operations/CIO under his general supervision. Major duties consist of being the primary backup for the welcome center receptionist, the copy center clerk, and assisting in other departments as required.
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
3. Assist in coverage of the welcome center switchboard as needed. This includes (but not limited to) answering and transferring calls, assisting walk-in customers with direction and information, and creating ID’s for students.
4. Assist in coverage for Copy Center/Mailroom activities including (but not limited to) making and distributing copies in a timely and accurate manner, handling incoming and outgoing mail, and maintaining office supply inventories.
5. Assist with other department’s as required. This may entail filing, scanning and archiving documents, general office help, or answering telephones.
6. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Dean of Operations/CIO.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Exemplary customer service skills are essential.
2. Excellent interpersonal skills, above average communication skills, ability to work effectively with all levels of employees. Ability to project a positive and professional image to students and employees.
3. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
4. Sensitivity to, and awareness of, confidential materials.
5. Ability to learn and complete routine tasks using a personal computer.
6. Working knowledge of copier machine operations.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or equivalent, Associate’s degree preferred
1-2 years’ of work experience required, preferably in either a copy center or receptionist role
Experience with Microsoft Office Products and enterprise phone systems is desirable
1. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is constantly required to use hands to finger, handle, or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms.
2. The employee is required to walk, sit, stand, talk and hear.
3. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
4. Ability to reach and work overhead on an occasional basis is required.
5. Additional hours may be required, as well as some flexibility in occasional early or late hours.
6. Normal working hours for this position will be Monday – Friday 10:00am – 2:00pm
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references unofficial transcripts, and employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Switchboard/Office Service Clerk – PT, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to email@example.com. Employment application available at www.neosho.edu/careers.
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
NCCC is an EOE/AA employer
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: