Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Chanute, KS 66720
Reports to: Director of Facilities
Classification: Part-time, 12-month Employee Pay Status: Hourly, Non-exempt, Level V Fringe Benefits per Board Policy
Starting Salary Range: $13.00 – Revised: July 2018
Purpose of position: The Bus Driver has the primary responsibility for ensuring the health, safety and welfare of bus passengers during bus transportation for the college. This position reports to the Director of Facilities in conjunction with the Vice President for Operations.
1. Provide premiere quality service to all constituencies of the College.
2. Engage in continuous quality improvement and professional development.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Ensures the safety and well-being of passengers being transported on behalf of college;
2. Arranges for the annual state inspection of the bus(es); assures, with prior approval, purchases and/or repairs are made pursuant to state inspection;
3. Completes a comprehensive written inspection of the bus, reporting any conditions of concern to the Director, or delegated staff person, prior to transportation.
4. Ensures that the communication device (e.g. two-way radio, cellular phone) is in proper working order before each trip.
5. Arranges for and ensures completion of routine maintenance of bus (e.g., oil change); transporting the bus to and from maintenance and/or repair facilities;
6. Ensures that the bus always has sufficient fuel;
7. Ensures that there is always fresh drinking water on the bus;
8. In consultation with the Director, develops and follows efficient and safe written bus routes;
9. Operates bus in such a way that road and safety regulations are always followed; reports any traffic violations to the Director immediately;
10. Keeps the bus clean and free of debris; follows other bus cleaning procedures;
11. Routinely inventories bus emergency and first aid supplies and equipment, reports needs to the Director;
12. Assists in other transportation training of other college staff as necessary;
13. In case of accidents/emergencies, evacuates passengers according to written and practiced procedures;
14. In the event of an accident, assures that medical emergency procedures are followed; completes a written accident report as required by college policy and other authorities;
15. Attends and participates in in-service trainings, and other continuing education, career and professional development opportunities;
16. Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned by the Director of Facilities or designee.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
1. Vision in both eyes. Specific vision abilities required by this job include night vision and the ability to adjust focus;
2. Ability to project a positive and professional image to students, employees and patrons.
3. Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
4. Ability to appropriately exercise independent initiative and judgment.
Education and Experience
HS diploma or GED required, Associates preferred;
Current State of Kansas commercial driver’s license with passenger endorsement;
One year of verifiable driving experience; and
No DUI conviction in past three (3) years.
1. Wear appropriate NCCC apparel while on duty;
2. Manual dexterity sufficient to operate the bus, conduct pre-trip inspections, and clean the bus as needed;
3. Ability to use hand-held communication devices such as cell phones;
4. Evening and/or weekend work will be required as schedule dictates.
Please submit a letter of application, resume with names and phones numbers of five references unofficial transcripts, and NCCC employment application to:
Human Resources Director, Bus Driver, Neosho County Community College, 800 West 14th Street, Chanute, KS 66720 or Email to email@example.com. Employment application available at www.neosho.edu/careers.
Review of applications begins upon receipt.
The current non-discrimination policy can be found at: