Technical Publications Engineer
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
PDS Tech is seeking a Technical Publications Engineer in Wichita, KS.
1. Responsible for completing complex engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/
illustrating new and sustaining model technical publications.
2. Extensive technical expertise, highly proficient in research and authoring tools utilized to accomplish tasks, with a full
knowledge and understanding of other related disciplines within technical publications.
3. Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and government regulatory requirements affecting the development
and distribution of technical publications.
4. Performs quality control reviews for accuracy and consistency throughout the document development and completion
process to ensure all data conforms to established specifications and regulatory requirements.
5. Subject matter expert and technical advisor tasked with providing assistance, guidance and training to other team
6. Performs a variety of complex tasks. Leads special projects.
7. A wide degree of creativity and latitude expected in day-to-day tasks.
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, or related field.
· 7+ years’ experience in technical or related field required.
· A&P and/or Pilot’s license a plus.
· An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical
· Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance
practices and aircraft manufacturing.
· Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry (iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc.) specifications and
· Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred.
· Professional and diplomatic demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.