Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
PDS Tech is seeking a Publications Engineer in Wichita, KS.
1. Responsible for completing engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/illustrating
new and sustaining model technical publications.
2. Utilize CATIA CAD and Arbortext authoring software to produce detailed 2D and 3D interactive procedures to support
the operation and maintenance of aircraft systems.
III. Utilize engineering flight test information to create and revise flight documents mentioned below:
a. Airplane Flight ManualPilot’s Abbreviated Checklists
c. Operating Manuals
d. Pilot’s Operating Handbooks
0. Ensure all data conforms to established design specifications and regulatory requirements.
1. Verify accuracy of content, instructions and illustrations
2. Collaborate with design engineers, project teams and customer service representatives.
3. Validate technical document procedures by conducting virtual (CATIA) and on-aircraft validations of part details,
assemblies and installations.
+ Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, or related field.
+ 2-3 years of experience.
+ Relative experience in technical field is preferred.
+ A&P and/or Pilot’s license a plus.
+ An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical documents.
+ Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance practices and aircraft manufacturing.
+ Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry (iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc.) specifications and guidelines.
+ Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred. Professional and diplomatic demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, age, marital status, pregnancy, genetic information, or other legally protected status.