General Maintenance and Repair Tech Sr.
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Manhattan, KS 66502
About This Role:
The Division of Facilities at Kansas State University is seeking a Senior General Maintenance and Repair Technician. This position will work in a large campus setting in one of the five zones, to perform preventative maintenance on all types of building equipment. Hours are 8am to 5pm.
This position will work in a large campus setting in one of five zones, to perform maintenance of all types on building equipment, including but not limited to:
- Heating, Ventilating, and Air Conditioning
- Exhaust Systems (restrooms, tunnel, fume hood, building):
- Light Plumbing
- Pneumatic Air Equipment
- Campus Exterior Lighting Systems
- Light Carpentry Work
- Bathroom Equipment and Replacement
- Building Interaction
- Utilize computer to log time worked in the computer system.
- Perform paperwork on building inventory.
- Report to the immediate supervisor on building conditions found throughout the day.
- Participate in the Facilities Hazardous Waste Recycling of lights, ballasts, and batteries.
- Maintain shop vehicles, tools, and assigned hand tools in a clean and orderly manner.
Why Join Us:
This position is benefits eligible: health insurance, life insurance, retirement plans, tuition assistance program, paid time off- vacation, sick and holidays.
To learn more visit: http:/www.k-state.edu/hcs/benefits/
We Support Diversity and Inclusion:
Kansas State University embraces diversity and inclusion. The university actively seeks individuals who foster a collegial environment and cooperative interactions with coworkers, students, and others. The University is dedicated to promoting the Principles of Community.
What You’ll Need to Succeed:
- Requires one year of relevant experience. Various training and/or certification may be required. Education may be substituted for experience as determined relevant by a hiring manager.
- One year of experience in two or more building trades or mechanical building trades.
- Prefer ability to troubleshoot and possess the hands-on experience with industrial type exhaust fans, air handling units, heating/cooling ventilation, change and rewire ballasts, and utilize wiring diagrams to install according to manufacturing specifications.
- Prefer ability to read, understand and work from wiring diagrams.
- Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States at the time of employment
- Valid driver’s license up employment.
- Become a certified Class I Asbestos worker during the probationary period and maintain it.
How to Apply:
Please submit the online application
Screening of Applications Begins:
Immediately and continues until filled.
Anticipated Hiring Salary Range:
$14.49-$18.12 per hour
Equal Employment Opportunity:
Kansas State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and actively seeks diversity among its employees.
Background Screening Statement:
In connection with your application for employment, Kansas State University will procure a Background Screen on you as part of the process of considering your candidacy as an employee.
Department: 3670060010 Fac Building Maintenance
Job no: 506994
Work type: Staff Full Time (USS)
Location: Manhattan, Kansas
Categories: Facilities / Grounds / Skilled Trades
Pay Grade: 06A
Advertised: 01 May 2019 Central Daylight Time
Applications close: Open until filled