Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
CHAPMAN, KS 67431
CHAPMAN VALLEY MANOR
JOB TITLE: Dietary Aide
Provides nutritional care to residents in long term care facility in accordance with current federal, state and local standards, guidelines and regulations by performing the following duties:
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
Duties are determined by the facility and may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Take orders from residents for meals
- Give requested drinks
- Follow supplement lists (house supplements, special protein addition to drinks)
- Follow proper handwashing techniques between washing dishes and serving residents
- Help the cook clean up pots and pans after meals
- Clean dining room between meals, wash tables, sweep floors, stock baskets, and coffee counter
- Roll silverware for the next meal
- Help keep the kitchen clean during shift
- Additional tasks for evening shift: Clean Kitchen at the end of the day including sweeping and mopping floors, wiping all counters off, and cleaning stainless steel.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school graduate preferred but not required
- Be willing to learn how to follow diets as stated in Dietary Manual.
- Follow oral and written directions and instructions
- Have basic knowledge of food cookery and serving of food
- Knowledge of use and care for kitchen equipment.
Neat and clean appearance is important. Must wear proper hair covering. Must be physically able and mentally alert to work with residents and other employees. Must have a pleasant manner and ability to maintain congenial relationships with fellow employees.