Technical Publications Engineer - Sr
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
Wichita, KS 67202
Technical Publications Engineer \- Sr
Create and prepare new or revisedaircraft technical documentation about the operation and maintenance of aircraft parts, systems and assemblies\.Conduct research independently and collaboratively using engineering database information, engineering drawings, functional tests and other sources to ensure all data conforms to established design specifications while providing customers with detailed instructions for continued airworthiness\.
99. Responsible for completing complex engineering research, development and certification requirements for authoring/illustrating new and sustaining model technical publications\.
99. Extensive technical expertise, highly proficient in research and authoring tools utilized to accomplish tasks, with a full knowledge and understanding of other related disciplines within technical publications\.
99. Demonstrated understanding of industry standards and government regulatory requirements affecting the development and distribution of technical publications\.
99. Performs quality control reviews for accuracy and consistency throughout the document development and completion process to ensure all data conforms to established specifications and regulatory requirements\.
99. Subject matter expert and technical advisor tasked with providing assistance, guidance and training to other team members\.
99. Performs a variety of complex tasks\.Leads special projects\.
99. A wide degree of creativity and latitude expected in day\-to\-day tasks\.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Aviation, or related field\.
- 5 years’ experience in technical or related field required\.
- A&P and/or Pilot’s license a plus\.
- An understanding of engineering data, with an ability to research and analyze engineering drawings and technical documents\.
- Mechanical aptitude with experience and knowledge of aircraft operation, aircraft systems, aircraft maintenance practices and aircraft manufacturing\.
- Familiar with FAA Regulations and Aviation Industry \(iSpec 2200, S1000D, MilSpecs, etc\.\) specifications and guidelines\.
- Experience using SGML/HTML/XML and/or Arbortext Editor preferred\.
- Professional and diplomatic demeanor with excellent verbal and written communication skills\.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job\. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified\.
Textron is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of, race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law\.
Pay Transparency Policy Statement
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant\. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise, have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is \(a\) in response to a formal complaint or charge, \(b\) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or \(c\) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information\.
Primary Location US\-Kansas\-Wichita
Recruiting Company Textron Aviation
Job Level Individual Contributor
Shift First Shift
Req ID: 267406