Survey Crew Chief
Click the Facebook, Google+ or LinkedIn icons to share this job with your friends or contacts. Click the Twitter icon to tweet this job to your followers. Click the link button to view the URL of the job, which then can be copied and pasted into an e-mail or other document.
O'Fallon, MO 63366
GBA has an immediate opportunity for a Survey Crew Chief to join our team. The crew chief will report to the Survey Manager and is responsible for the successful completion of field work assignments and project goals. Hours are generally consistent but may vary based on workloads and project needs. GBA performs work all over the St. Louis Metro Area but there are periodic opportunities to travel to areas throughout Missouri, Kansas, Iowa and Nebraska. Travel is generally less than 10% of the time.
The successful candidate will be able to perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight. Professional and courteous interaction with clients will be a key component of the job. We are looking for a candidate with prior survey experience and who can embrace emerging technologies. Candidates must be “team minded” with the ability to take direction from others and adapt to our standards and procedures. Candidates must be comfortable working outdoors for long periods of time and be able to physically perform essential functions of the job.
- Lead field crew in land surveying practices and procedures
- Assist crew members with computations and data collection using field equipment
- Communicate with on-site supervisors or clients
- Work with land development plans and construction stakeout computations
- Download/upload survey field crew electronic data, notes, photos, etc.
- Perform assigned tasks with minimal oversight
- Interact with clients in a professional and courteous manner
- High school diploma or GED required; Technical School, Associate Degree or Bachelors’ Degree a plus
- At least 3 years of combined field and office experience in a land surveying office
- LSIT/SI or PLS registration a plus
- Experience working with Robotic Total Stations & GPS
- Experience working with LiDAR units is a plus
- Knowledgeable in performing surveying computations; courses in mathematics and surveying are helpful.
- Familiar with field procedures for performing DOT, boundary, topographic and ALTA/NSPS land title surveys
- Ability to travel 10% of the time in the regional area
This position requires the successful completion of a physical, including a drug test and lift test, as well as a motor vehicle check in accordance with our company’s driving policy. Professional references will be required to complete the application process.
GBA employees enjoy a comprehensive list of competitive benefits such as medical, dental, vision and life insurance, as well as 401K retirement plan benefits with company match and discretionary profit share contribution. We provide paid vacation and sick leave, as well as eight observed holidays. Additionally, we assist our employees with growth opportunity through professional development support, tuition assistance and technical/professional membership reimbursement. We especially enjoy our business casual work environment with the caveat that our employees wear “what makes sense” for their workday. Work-life balance is important, and we support employees with workday flexibility and a wellness program to assist them in maintaining a healthy lifestyle. Sound amazing? Come enjoy a career with us and apply online at https://www.gbateam.com/job-openings/.
To be considered an applicant, you must go to the Careers section of our website at https://gbateam.com/job-openings/ to submit an application and resume.
GBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. GBA promotes diversity in our workforce by including all individuals regardless of age, race, religion, color, sex, national origin, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, or any other status protected by law.